• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanical Broadheads. Never again!!!!

Not trying to start something or hijack this but, for me, the "Hank Parker" swhacker mechanicals are the best flying broadheads I've personally ever used in a crossbow. I got mine zeroed at 20, all in a spot no bigger than a coke can, then at 30 and 35, bout the same. No weird flyers or nothing.If I holdit still it'll hit the same spot.
I can't speak for Rage or any other brands though.
As long as you found what works for YOU, stick with em

Before I sold my crossbow I had Grim Reapers on my bolts, they flew exactly like the field points and would absolutely shred the target. Never got the chance to use one on a deer but that target caught hell. lol!

Hey Bear
Hank is the Swacker (mechanical broadhead) shooter on TV ads

I don't know if you know this
here's a tip i want to share with you and others
with your Xbow at rest mark the string an both sides of the rail (i use a Red Sharpie)
this will show the center line of the string
when at full draw make sure the marks are on the same place on the sides of the rail

if not, carefully pull the string back slightly with your hands and center it up

most often when cocking the string it will go out of center when it cocks
this is typical using a pulley type cocker, one arm will pull more than the other

just being off 1/8 of an inch either way will cause your bolt to to fly off center

PS: I use Muzzy fixed since 1999, Compound & X

1203140912-00.jpg

Hey Bear
Hank is the Swacker (mechanical broadhead) shooter on TV ads

I don't know if you know this
here's a tip i want to share with you and others
with your Xbow at rest mark the string an both sides of the rail (i use a Red Sharpie)
this will show the center line of the string
when at full draw make sure the marks are on the same place on the sides of the rail

if not, carefully pull the string back slightly with your hands and center it up

most often when cocking the string it will go out of center when it cocks
this is typical using a pulley type cocker, one arm will pull more than the other

just being off 1/8 of an inch either way will cause your bolt to to fly off center

PS: I use Muzzy fixed

View attachment 1975772

Good info here, kinda the samething as a compound.

I don’t shoot a crossbow but I do shoot a Mathews and I will NEVER use a mechanical broadhead either. I tried them 1 time(100gr Rage) and it didn’t open. This was in -15 below in northern Michigan in December. I just figured they was frozen. I’m a firm believer of muzzy 100gr 4 blade fixed broad heads. They never fail and always work.

Back
Top Bottom