• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics and business owners

Support bearing.

The carrier is in your rear end, and the ring gear attaches to it. It has 2 bearings, and the pinion shaft has a bearing as well. The torque on that nut is critical. Some of the carrier assemblies are bolted in and come out as an assembly. Those need to be torqued properly, but won't fall out.

One of these is what I thought you were referring to.

Well all they replaced was a u joint, carrier bearing and rear seal. It failed right in the middle where the new part was installed which I thought was a carrier bearing. I know what a read seal is and a u joint is and the new part where it failed was not one of those.

Ill be honest 90 % these fords we cut clamp at boot
Remove rear drive shaft
Scoop large hand grease
Install drive shaft
Add zip tie or clamp
And fixes everyone problem with hard accel vibrations

I only did one support bearing or what was used called midshaft bearing

E="jeep78, post: 7406183, member: 7346"]Support bearing.

The carrier is in your rear end, and the ring gear attaches to it. It has 2 bearings, and the pinion shaft has a bearing as well. The torque on that nut is critical. Some of the carrier assemblies are bolted in and come out as an assembly. Those need to be torqued properly, but won't fall out.

One of these is what I thought you were referring to.[/QUOTE]
IMG_2348.JPG

Id take it to another reputable shop and have them do the work and bill the other shop.
Cant do it right the first time,wont be any seconds

I understand your frustration, but fixing it right is what you paid them for, and they are offering to do that.

"Come backs" are common in every service/repair industry. All that little writing on the back of the work order spells out just what the work is warrantied for. It says they will repair or replace any defective item for XX time/miles. (standard repair order).

Anything else, small claims court exists to handle such issues.

E="jeep78, post: 7406183, member: 7346"]Support bearing.

One of these is what I thought you were referring to.
View attachment 1280812[/QUOTE]

I got it. Have never called it that.

My opinion the tow and them fixing the truck goes without saying, shouldn't even be mentioned. I wanted my labor$ back form the first time. We argued and argued. Here's my thinking, they charged me for two hours of labor, from the time it broke till the time I left, it was two hours of my time, is my time free? What am I going to drive to work? I felt like I should be compensated because for my time just like I compensated them for theirs, even though they couldn't do it right the first time. Like I said we argued and argued and in the end they gave me $100 back and will fix my truck tomorrow. Was I happy? No, but it's better then nothing.

Yeah I am not sure anybody does that ... have it towed.. make it right..pretty much that's it..

On top of that you want them to give the money back..

If they give you the money back what's the point of them fixing it?

I understand your frustration, but fixing it right is what you paid them for, and they are offering to do that.

"Come backs" are common in every service/repair industry. All that little writing on the back of the work order spells out just what the work is warrantied for. It says they will repair or replace any defective item for XX time/miles. (standard repair order).

Anything else, small claims court exists to handle such issues.

Yeah, I get that. I guess I just come from a certain mindset that i will bend over backwards to make it right.

Ill ne honest again

Every shop i been to will not reimburse your time coming back
But we will pay for tow and fix free
Even if we had to buu new drive shaft that cost 1500 bucks

Small example

Car came in and a kid doing oil changes left drain plug loose

Customer paid 15 bucks on a synthetic oil change with coupon

Car came back on the hook

Shop had to buy a engine( car had 289k miles)

Install new one (75k miles)
Free labor and parts and pay tow

We did not refund the 15 buck oil change nor pay for their time
We did give them rental for 3 days

Thats proper for fixing problem

Giving you a hourly rate waiting for a fix ride well understanble but negative

We are all human and make mistakes

The tech could have got hurt and had to be rushed hospital and someone else had to go behind guy and over looked something

So many variables

Not picking sides either way sucks on both parties

I felt bad for shop had buy new motor over 15 buck oil change

But just try make best of it and forgive

I seen so many shops just tell you to f off

Yeah I am not sure anybody does that ... have it towed.. make it right..pretty much that's it..

On top of that you want them to give the money back..

If they give you the money back what's the point of them fixing it?

Because they muffed it up in the first place by not torquing the bolts/nuts down. How am I supposed to get to work without a vehicle?

Back
Top Bottom