Ill ne honest again

Every shop i been to will not reimburse your time coming back
But we will pay for tow and fix free
Even if we had to buu new drive shaft that cost 1500 bucks

Small example

Car came in and a kid doing oil changes left drain plug loose

Customer paid 15 bucks on a synthetic oil change with coupon

Car came back on the hook

Shop had to buy a engine( car had 289k miles)

Install new one (75k miles)
Free labor and parts and pay tow

We did not refund the 15 buck oil change nor pay for their time
We did give them rental for 3 days

Thats proper for fixing problem

Giving you a hourly rate waiting for a fix ride well understanble but negative

We are all human and make mistakes

The tech could have got hurt and had to be rushed hospital and someone else had to go behind guy and over looked something

So many variables

Not picking sides either way sucks on both parties

I felt bad for shop had buy new motor over 15 buck oil change

But just try make best of it and forgive

I seen so many shops just tell you to f off

Well I think them paying for the rental made up for the screw up.

I know man..you paid for services and you got screwed..

I am sure Even a judge wouldn't buy it...

**** happens, I get it. I'm just old school in a lot of ways. I look at labor as a product, if I pay for that product and it's complete ****, I want my money back. I know the world doesn't work that way now but i like to think that letting people now my time is worth just as much as theirs is worth me making a point.

Honest answer. I would give them a second opportunity for them fix it right. I think you wanting money back for your time is not fair if they are doing everything to make a bad situation right. If they paid you $100, it is probably so you won't come back.

If it were me I'd let the shop fix their screw up. Over and end of story. I wouldn't try hitting them up for my lost time. Maybe I'm of a different old school mind set, but $h!# happens. One day the tide may turn and you're on the other end. Who knows when karma may come calling.

Honest answer. I would give them a second opportunity for them fix it right. I think you wanting money back for your time is not fair if they are doing everything to make a bad situation right. If they paid you $100, it is probably so you won't come back.

I'm hard to please I guess.....and I can almost guarantee you're right about the not wanting me to come back part.

**** happens, I get it. I'm just old school in a lot of ways. I look at labor as a product, if I pay for that product and it's complete ****, I want my money back. I know the world doesn't work that way now but i like to think that letting people now my time is worth just as much as theirs is worth me making a point.

I also get that your time is just as valuable as anybody else..

But if you want me to give the money back I wouldn't waste the time to try to fix it...

That was a suggestion of his.........

Yeah I don't see anyone fixing it and giving the money back, kinda like with electric motors, if we have a warranty job we don't pay the customer for down time, we just put it ahead of everything else in the shop and get them back up and running.

Thanks. I pick up my car tomorrow.....and I generally dislike anyone but myself to wrench on my cars.
I am on the fence on this one.
I see both sides.
I think he made it right. Lucky he was able to. Humpty Dumpty and all.
I am perfectly confident working on my cars. Other people's cars is an entirely different animal in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom