• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics - what cars do you repair the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accord was a great car, not much experience with current version....will wait and see.

If the question is what needs repair most often? Anything with a ford 6.0 DIEsel.

<--- not a mechanic

We bought a brand new Honda Pilot in 2005 for my wife after she had the twins. Granted not a lot of miles on it but my boys are learning to drive on it 14 years later. Only regular fluid/filter/tire/battery/brake stuff. One of my boys will probably take it to college in 3 years if I can find a way to insure it...

Oh, it did have one issue I just remembered - power steering noise. Flushed the system and replaced an o-ring and all is better.

<--- not a mechanic

We bought a brand new Honda Pilot in 2005 for my wife after she had the twins. Granted not a lot of miles on it but my boys are learning to drive on it 14 years later. Only regular fluid/filter/tire/battery/brake stuff. One of my boys will probably take it to college in 3 years if I can find a way to insure it...

Oh, it did have one issue I just remembered - power steering noise. Flushed the system and replaced an o-ring and all is better.

3.5 liter Honda V6 has a cam belt that must be changed every 110,000 miles and it is an interference engine. Starting in 2003 the 4 cylinder uses a cam chain but the V6 still uses a belt.

4 popper or 6?

3.5 liter Honda V6 has a cam belt that must be changed every 110,000 miles and it is an interference engine. Starting in 2003 the 4 cylinder uses a cam chain but the V6 still uses a belt.

4 popper or 6?

6 - and apparently the exhaust valve clearance needs adjusting about the same time. Well, technically both intake and exhaust but a majority of owners on Piloteers forum report the exhaust valve lash too tight.

Motor has like 98k on it. Garage kept so even the paint still looks decent for a car of its age.

Honda hit a home run with the 2013-2017 accords imo. We’ve got a v6 2013 with 101k and its been flawless. Absolute dream to drive and its a rocket that gets 30+mph. Only thing I dont care for is the trans downshift when decelerating. Its more aggressive than it should be. I would hope they corrected the programming on the newer V6’s. Camrys have always been a good car too but never owned one.

6 - and apparently the exhaust valve clearance needs adjusting about the same time. Well, technically both intake and exhaust but a majority of owners on Piloteers forum report the exhaust valve lash too tight.

Motor has like 98k on it. Garage kept so even the paint still looks decent for a car of its age.

Your belt has a time as well as mileage expiration date. DO NOT allow the timing belt to break, you will trash your engine and the car will have scrap value only.
Have changed my wife's honda timing belt twice. The time really flies.

Your belt has a time as well as mileage expiration date. DO NOT allow the timing belt to break, you will trash your engine and the car will have scrap value only.
Have changed my wife's honda timing belt twice. The time really flies.
I can go another 3500 miles on mine. If I had time, I would have already changed it at 100k. Going to be ordering parts pretty soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom