• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics - what cars do you repair the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a Toyota and never look back
Rome Toyota offers lifetime warranties free if you buy new because they don’t break

I had a 4 runner, got it with 70k ish miles. Drove the heck out of it for another 140k the only engine issues were 1 coil pack and plugs because the mechanic couldn't find the problem, it was a bad injector . 15k miles later got the itch for another full size truck. F150 4x4 love it, I'd usually have Chevy trucks with another f150. But the newer model Ford's are tough to beat.

I had a 4 runner, got it with 70k ish miles. Drove the heck out of it for another 140k the only engine issues were 1 coil pack and plugs because the mechanic couldn't find the problem, it was a bad injector . 15k miles later got the itch for another full size truck. F150 4x4 love it, I'd usually have Chevy trucks with another f150. But the newer model Ford's are tough to beat.
Very common to see 200,000-300,000 miles without problems

On a side note, I have a buddy with a Chevy colorada with close to 400k with out anything being done except normal maintenance. Unreal.:shocked: I told he needs to contact gm and do a commercial.
Yes , very uncommon for GM....Toyota parts are just built to last

Why get anecdotal feedback from one or two mechanics on ODT when that type of data is widely available? Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura are consistently the most reliable based on millions of data points over the last two decades. Have they ever had a lemon? Sure, but statistically speaking they are by far the most reliable of any brand, so if that is your main criteria, start there.
Because who needs data and facts?........this is the ODT!

To quote Samuel Langhorne Clemens "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Why rely on millions of data points over the last two decades when you can start a thread and twist a few tails?

9mm vs. 40 cal? Revolver vs. auto jammer?
LOL!

9mm double stack all day!

We have owned a very nice KIA Optima for several years with zero warranty work and best warranties in the business. Infiniti for two years and in the shop every six months for recalls or repairs. Check engine light is on now! Will trade Infiniti within the year for KIA Telluride before 60K bumper to bumper expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom