• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics - what cars do you repair the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have you bought FOUR cars in two years ?
The next will be my 4th.

Altima - drove it 225 k miles. Bought a Rogue - hated it, sold after 2 months. Bought a Kia Sportage. Had it 18 months, but after all the problems I’ve had with my wife’s Kia I want to get out of this one before it hits 100k miles.

The next will be my 4th.

Altima - drove it 225 k miles. Bought a Rogue - hated it, sold after 2 months. Bought a Kia Sportage. Had it 18 months, but after all the problems I’ve had with my wife’s Kia I want to get out of this one before it hits 100k miles.

Gotcha
That makes sense

2003 excursion with v10, 8” lift and 38” tires. 275,000 miles. No mechanical issues. Just normal wear and tear items. Unless i was off-roading and broke a suspension part. Most of my suspension bushings need replacing now due to abuse but zero issue with engine/drivetrain.

The JD Power survey is useless since it’s for complaints in the first 90 DAYS of owning a brand new car

Every car is nice when it’s brand new
I wanna know which one is reliable when it’s 13 years old or 20 years old
I guess you didn't click it?
"The study, now in its 30th year, measures the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) during the past 12 months by original owners of three-year-old model-year vehicles."

I guess you didn't click it?
"The study, now in its 30th year, measures the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) during the past 12 months by original owners of three-year-old model-year vehicles."

Still too new

What are they like when they are 10-15-20 years old

That’s the true sign of a vehicles quality
And that’s why 20 yr old Honda’s and Toyota’s are worth 5X of what a Ford or GM or fiat Chrysler is worth

Last year I got a one owner 10 yr old 4 wd expedition with 90k on the clock , that cost $48k new , for $3,500.

I have never and will never buy a brand new vehicle , nor one that’s only a couple years old
I’m too cheap and frugal for that
I should buy my brothers vehicles , he buy a new 4wd crew cab every 4 years .
As soon as he finishes paying it off, he trades it on a new one
Same for his wife’s vehicles.

Then was always asking how we could afford to send our kids to a private school ...

Still too new

What are they like when they are 10-15-20 years old

That’s the true sign of a vehicles quality
And that’s why 20 yr old Honda’s and Toyota’s are worth 5X of what a Ford or GM or fiat Chrysler is worth

Last year I got a one owner 10 yr old 4 wd expedition with 90k on the clock , that cost $48k new , for $3,500.

I have never and will never buy a brand new vehicle , nor one that’s only a couple years old
I’m too cheap and frugal for that
I should buy my brothers vehicles , he buy a new 4wd crew cab every 4 years .
As soon as he finishes paying it off, he trades it on a new one
Same for his wife’s vehicles.

Then was always asking how we could afford to send our kids to a private school ...
I hear ya', but problems within three years is at least an indicator of what to avoid.
I buy only new, BUT.... I keep them forever. I just like knowing how any vehicle I have has been treated.

The next will be my 4th.

Do not buy Nissan or Kia. Those choices are suspect.

Buy Toyota or Honda. Easy. Also, buy a Consumer Reports subscription. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom