• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

I'm just gonna say it's good to have both gauze and tampons but neither of these hold a candle to quickclot/Celox/etc impregnated gauze. I've got flat gauze and coagulant gauze in my ankle kit, car kits, etc.

Tampons are also multipurpose, in that they work for feminine hygenie, wound packing, basic water filter (with plastic applicators), tinder for fires, and probably some more uses that I'm forgetting. On the other hand, tampons are bulky and specialized for the purpose of wound packing. I think they are worth having as a versatile item, but they wouldn't be the first thing I grabbed for a penetrating injury. I'm cramming his/her/your ass full of quickclot first lol.

Just as long as you don’t say Pulse Ox in the field... I am golden!

I guess since I am older, It was what I carried back in the mid 80’s before GHB, or Bug out’s were-mainstream...

I'm not certified in anything but I understand physiology enough to tell the difference between a menstruating vagina and a puncture wound.
I should have a medical alert bracelet made instructing anyone who tries to shove a feminine hygiene product in me to take off their dirty sock and use it instead.

Sorry... My therapist says I have control issues.... YouTube is a great source of information.

EE0C5CB1-6050-4803-975C-C0707A9B71B3.jpeg

I don’t know dude.. It’s worked well stopping the bleeding on 40 billion Women... Hard to bet against those Vegas odds.... And they All lived! Gauze Not so much....

Bro a tampon doesn’t stop the bleeding it soaks it up and keeps the floor clean. What a tampon does what packed gauze in a wound does are two totally different things.

Reactions: ftp
still wondering why our doctor here won’t say what he does to make him such an expert. Also wondering why he didn’t like me telling people to take TCCC/EMR/EMT classes.

Not one Physian peer reviewed article... Not one Doctor referenced... Blogs..
We are in a crisis getting Blood in a Hospital, and you think we can outfit every ambulance....

With absolutely no prospective studies, and showing proof of better outcomes

Another non Health Care provider that has all the answers....

This is mystifying (Shocking)....

Back
Top Bottom