• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

Well this is the ODT so you know how often threads jump the tracks.

The Adventure Medical kit you linked to earlier is a good place to start- I used to get them as an Amazon 'subscribe and save' monthly for around 15 bucks a piece and keep one in each glove box or console, in every range bag, in my EDC at work, and have given one to each of my family members who shoot or hunt.
I also have a couple of blow out kits that are built more for a GSW and have a couple of CATs but really need to take an updated class.

I know cmshoot cmshoot lets us know when a class he recommends is coming up and now that my work schedule is finally Monday through Friday I'm hoping to be able to take one soon.
There was a thread about that class and if I recall someone gave a review after.
Those adventure kits are pretty rad, I've yet bought any for myself but have gifted a few. Have you bought their large orange one? I forgot what they call it but it seemed well stocked.

Those adventure kits are pretty rad, I've yet bought any for myself but have gifted a few. Have you bought their large orange one? I forgot what they call it but it seemed well stocked.
I have not used the large kit, although it looks decent. I also carry a larger kit with regular band-aids, aspirin, Ibuprofen, Benadryl tablets, etc, but that stuff usually goes out of date before I use it so it's easier (for me) to replace in a seperate kit. Now when my sons were young we had a kit similar to that and used it constantly.

I appreciate this thread but I have noticed it has deviated from "survival situation" to generally applied emergency procedures etc...I have over 20 years in the role of first responder and I will tell you that the pulse and oxmeters are great but you better know that maxi pads are some of the best absorbent trauma pads out there and honey acts as one of the best anticoagulants in a SHTF situation when trauma hits. There are many , many more items that you can apply in trauma situations that you may be faced with in the real world, much less a "survival situation"! I once rolled up on a motorcycle accident between Hiawassee and Helen and used magazines and duct tape as splints and a cigarette wrapper for a sucking chest wound. Not peeing on the thread or any of its respondents, but SHTF scenarios require quick thinking and the ability to adapt to the situation you are in. And yeah, sometimes you just can't do anything for the patient with the cards you were dealt.. I appreciate all the info from the pros but SHTF is entirely different from a scheduled shift at Grady. Sometimes the only tool you will have is between your ears. Godspeed to all our guard dogs on duty out there on the streets!
I keep tampons in my bag. Plugs holes and absorbs blood well.

Well this is the ODT so you know how often threads jump the tracks.

The Adventure Medical kit you linked to earlier is a good place to start- I used to get them as an Amazon 'subscribe and save' monthly for around 15 bucks a piece and keep one in each glove box or console, in every range bag, in my EDC at work, and have given one to each of my family members who shoot or hunt.
I also have a couple of blow out kits that are built more for a GSW and have a couple of CATs but really need to take an updated class.

I know cmshoot cmshoot lets us know when a class he recommends is coming up and now that my work schedule is finally Monday through Friday I'm hoping to be able to take one soon.
There was a thread about that class and if I recall someone gave a review after.
I took his Combat Carbine and Lowlight class last year and really learned a lot. He's a great instructor and a really good guy. Had a blast too!

Go back and read my posts before you could possibly look any more stupid...
You are doing a pretty good job of making your self look stupid. If you think a tampon works better than wound packing,you need to educate yourself or actually treat gsw 's in the field.

Back
Top Bottom