• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

So you want to compare the military traing and outfitting of soldiers to civilians with disparate medical training and equipment, as apples to apples?

First responders are one thing prehospital, civilians completely at the other end of the spectrum.....
Why is TCCC information not useful to nonmilitary personnel? I'm glad he linked it and saved a copy and will also read through it to see what I can learn.

Why is TCCC information not useful to nonmilitary personnel? I'm glad he linked it and saved a copy and will also read through it to see what I can learn.

I think its great information where did I say that it is bad? Individuals are going to have different kits some with none at all... with varying degrees of experience..

If someone doesnt have anything but can assemble something primitive to include anything as well as a tampons from a house of women they live with...

What is wrong with that?? Apparently there are several other tenured ODT’ers that subscribe to this as well....

I think its great information where did I say that it is bad? Individuals are going to have different kits some with none at all... with varying degrees of experience..

If someone doesnt have anything but can asseble something primitive to include anything as well as a tampons from a house of women they live with...

What is wrong with that?? Apparently there are several other tenured ODT’ers that subscribe to this as well....
If improvised first aid is your only choice, then it's your only choice. But the OP was asking for advice on what to stock in med kits.

Buying the right stuff to begin with means you won't be searching for socks and dirty paper towels to stuff in someone's traumatic wound.

If improvised first aid is your only choice, then it's your only choice. But the OP was asking for advice on what to stock in med kits.

Buying the right stuff to begin with means you won't be searching for socks and dirty paper towels to stuff in someone's traumatic wound.

Which happens every damn day...
a Medical Kit Shouldnt out pace your skill set...
If you have never seen, trained, or have access to preceptorship, stay basic..
again what The theme of my posts have been....

Like decompression needles and Pulse Oximetry.... Get what I am sending?

I never told anyone to carry a decompression needle lol...it came in an ankle kit I bought. I also identified my level of medical training and mentioned what was important for nonmedical folks to have (quickclot/Celox, TQs, chest seals, gauze, etc). None of these things are too difficult to learn how to use for someone willing to watch a few videos.

Pulse ox? I'm genuinely curious now..what licensure do you hold?

Pulse ox? I'm genuinely curious now..what licensure do you hold?

American Karate instructor... Wow....

E35CA159-A233-4C1E-8650-FC1D12FADAAD.png

Back
Top Bottom