• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

I never told anyone to carry a decompression needle lol...it came in an ankle kit I bought. I also identified my level of medical training and mentioned what was important for nonmedical folks to have (quickclot/Celox, TQs, chest seals, gauze, etc). None of these things are too difficult to learn how to use for someone willing to watch a few videos.

Right, I don't carry any of that stuff as EDC, but I should toss my stethoscope in the car. The BP cuff and pulse ox provide data but I wouldn't say that they are a priority for my med bag.

I'd do what they did before we had stethoscopes, put my ear on their chest and listen for breath sounds, also observe for a deviated trachea. Not ideal I know. And you are right, I've never used a decompression needle or placed a chest tube but I understand the concept. I would be very hesitant to use the decomp needle to be honest.

Or level of non training with a decompression needle...

It seems that you have a personal issues with myself and others in the thread. Perhaps you could simply contribute something useful instead of trying to pick fights with people.

A personal issue... Now it’s personal? I am simply asking to justify the relationship of what you carry and your personal background match. Had I not jumped in here. It appears by your own posts you would have have passed yourself off as proficient with a pretty invasive procedure, which of course you have never done....

I have been questioned about my back ground by a guy, that is telling ODT that whole blood is now going to be the standard of care for prehospital. Which I would have thought might have garnered any response from you.. So not one ambulance carries whole blood, in the State of Georgia.. You know patients have to be typed and cross matched before receiving blood products. You know the level of scrutiny that has to be completed in conjunction with another Nurse, before you hang one single unit....

I have a Karate Instructer questioning my background...? Really who is attacking who?

I stil have a guy who thinks P.O. is perfect to VITAL to monitor when he is off the ambulance...

My contribution has been to talk to students in allied health, nurses, respiratory therapists, med students, residents, fellows, and attendings taking thru scenarios and preparing them for ATLS. And ACLS.

A personal issue... Now it’s personal? I am simply asking to justify the relationship of what you carry and your personal background match. Had I not jumped in here. It appears by your own posts you would have have passed yourself off as proficient with a pretty invasive procedure, which of course you have never done....

I have been questioned about my back ground by a guy, that is telling ODT that whole blood is now going to be the standard of care for prehospital. Which I would have thought might have garnered any response from you.. So not one ambulance carries whole blood, in the State of Georgia.. You know patients have to be typed and cross matched before receiving blood products. You know the level of scrutiny that has to be completed in conjunction with another Nurse, before you hang one single unit....

I have a Karate Instructer questioning my background...? Really who is attacking who?

I stil have a guy who thinks P.O. is perfect to VITAL to monitor when he is off the ambulance...

My contribution has been to talk to students in allied health, nurses, respiratory therapists, med students, residents, fellows, and attendings taking thru scenarios and preparing them for ATLS. And ACLS.
Alright kid...since you assumed the only thing I have ever done in my life is teach martial arts...
FFP and PRBC is prehospital in GA and I have given both. Along with TXA. Also, I teach PHTLS ,AcLS,PALS. I can even provide an actual Paramedic licensure in GA and NC.

Alright kid...since you assumed the only thing I have ever done in my life is teach martial arts...
FFP and PRBC is prehospital in GA and I have given both. Along with TXA. Also, I teach PHTLS ,AcLS,PALS. I can even provide an actual Paramedic licensure in GA and NC.

That’s not whole blood is it.....

Talking to a Metro Ambulance team right now and they don,t carry any Blood Products on any of their ambulances...? Who do you work for??
Cool story. Why don't you ask someone with a CCP or a FP-C what is carried. And now you want to know i work? It should be pretty simple deductive reasoning for a tactical trauma God such as yourself. You won't even say what level you are, and the hospital your at you can start iv's and wipe ass. Such a Jake

Back
Top Bottom