• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

The point is you won’t say where you work and you are talking about pushing saline and plugging holes with tampons. Tampons In wound treatments equal a joke and the industry is getting away from saline and pushing whole blood for prehospital. in fact why did you even mention saline earlier? Even EMR training, a two week class, teaches how important assessments are.

Anyone in this thread go take a TCCC, EMR, or Emtb class don’t listen to people online who suggest tampons in trauma medicine.

You are clueless.....

But your buddy who you “Endorsed” as having a basic level of training is off the reservation...

That means you have a credibility issue, if you think he does....

Question my credibility if you want kotex. My statement still stands. Vitals are fine after major life risks have been attended to and I've heard real experienced dudes say and do dumb things. And that's not a personal attack on you; you have decades of experience and your experience backs up what you know. But maybe being this anti-vitals is a little odd coming from someone who works emergency medicine. You're defending your point as if I suggested...idk something crazy. Taking vitals ain't crazy.

Question my credibility if you want kotex. My statement still stands. Vitals are fine after major life risks have been attended to and I've heard real experienced dudes say and do dumb things. And that's not a personal attack on you; you have decades of experience and your experience backs up what you know. But maybe being this anti-vitals is a little odd coming from someone who works emergency medicine. You're defending your point as if I suggested...idk something crazy. Taking vitals ain't crazy.

Vitals pertaining specifically to A FN Pulse Ox NIBP cuff and Stethoscope when your not on the truck is NOT STANDARD IN A EDC BAG... You manage the patient not the numbers when you are out solo..

PERIOD!

Back in the day this was the number 1 item to stop a Bullet wound!

I've heard from several dudes who've been given a tampon for their IFAK, so I don't doubt it. Improvisation is fine if it's all you got. but OP was asking about stocking a kit. If OP is going out and buying new supplies, why not just add some roller or Z-fold gauze? There's videos comparing the two. Gauze works better.

I've heard from several dudes who've been given a tampon for their IFAK, so I don't doubt it. Improvisation is fine if it's all you got. but OP was asking about stocking a kit. If OP is going out and buying new supplies, why not just add some roller or Z-fold gauze? There's videos comparing the two. Gauze works better.

Says a 23 year old who has never treated a GSW.....

You tube videos....?

Vitals pertaining specifically to A FN Pulse Ox NIBP cuff and Stethoscope when your not on the truck is NOT STANDARD IN A EDC BAG... You manage the patient not the numbers when you are out solo..

PERIOD!

It's not my EDC bag, my EDC bag is like... A bandana, A TQ, bandage, gauze, NPA, and a chest seal. OP asked what we stocked medical supplies wise, and I have a jump bag. I noted I usually just carry a doorag on me and IFAKs in the cars. You brought up taking vitals so.... The conversation took a turn to where we are now. If I have the jump bag with me, I'm taking vitals. If not, I'd treat life threatening wounds, I just wouldn't have the added data I'd gather afterwards. Which is fine. But if I can get em, the better. Because the dudes showing up or at the next place of care can use that info. This whole conversation is very cyclical

It's not my EDC bag, my EDC bag is like... A bandana, A TQ, bandage, gauze, NPA, and a chest seal. OP asked what we stocked medical supplies wise, and I have a jump bag. I noted I usually just carry a doorag on me and IFAKs in the cars. You brought up taking vitals so.... The conversation took a turn to where we are now. If I have the jump bag with me, I'm taking vitals. If not, I'd treat life threatening wounds, I just wouldn't have the added data I'd gather afterwards. Which is fine. But if I can get em, the better. Because the dudes showing up or at the next place of care can use that info. This whole conversation is very cyclical

Don’t forget your pulse ox.. BP cuff and of course your Stethoscope....

I’ll give you credit... You are tenacious.. Flying this plane all the way into the mountain... Just hope you don’t have any passengers that go down because of you...

Back
Top Bottom