Media Separator Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzo2

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
I recently added a case tumbler to my portfolio of reloading equipment. Someone please tell me that there's an easier way to separate the media from the casing than sitting there with a pick trying to get it all out. I looked at a frankford arsenal rotary style setup, but it didn't get very good reviews.

I tumble before I deprime. Then if needed, I tumble later with walnut. As for separating, I just use the same wooden frame with welding wire that I have used for 20+ years.

The catch pan I use is just something from Wally World. Those sifters were only $5.00 or $6.00 when I bought them, but they works fine for no larger batches than I usually do at one time.

The catch pan I use is just something from Wally World. Those sifters were only $5.00 or $6.00 when I bought them, but they works fine for no larger batches than I usually do at one time.

I've gotta do something else for sure, I've been working on a couple hundred 223 for the last couple of hours with an o-ring pick.

Are you talking separating media from brass or getting media out of the primer pockets?. Sifter and a pin to poke primer pockets... I go with steel pin tumbler for most or ultra sonic. I hate picking out media.

Are you talking separating media from brass or getting media out of the primer pockets?. Sifter and a pin to poke primer pockets... I go with steel pin tumbler for most or ultra sonic. I hate picking out media.

Both, I'm using an o-ring pick to do it all right now. At this rate it would be a helluva lot faster the way I was doing it before I got the tumbler. The chuck and shell holder in my cordless drill with a piece of emery cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom