• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meet your Community Supervision Officer (Sworn) advice

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Okay dudes,

I was selected for the GA 9th Judicial Circuit as a CSO for Gwinnett, Walton, Hall Counties for the State Department of Community Supervision. Here's what I need from you LEOs on here.

I need recommendations for a Light Duty Belt

Handcuffs, I settled with Nickel color in mind. Need either chain or Hinge. whats better, ASP double holder pouch

Duty Light- haven't settled on one. also need a pouch for it

Holster Im thinking a Safairaland Retention Level 2 with TLR-1 cut (Glock 19)

OC Pouch- Havent started looking.

Mag pouches- 1 double pouch or 2 singles

and belt keepers- what brand

Any and all knowledge please.

WELL THIS IS ALL UP TO YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE BUT THIS IS WHAT I CARRY:
NYLON VELCRO INNER/OUTER BELT.

I USE THE HIATT HINGED CUFFS, ONE REG BLACK PAIR AND ONE STAINLESS OVERSIZED PAIR. HINGED ARE BEST BECAUSE IT LIMITS THERE MOVEMENT AND ESCAPE. ALSO KEEP A PAIR OF LEG IRONS IN YOU VEHICLE.

STREAM LIGHT STINGER WITH THE DUAL SWITCH "DS" SO YOU CAN THUMB THE BACK BUTTON.

I DONT USE OC AT ALL.

LEVEL 2-3 HOLSTER IS BEST BUT SEVERAL GREAT BRANDS, I USE SAFAIRALAND.

AT LEAST TWO EXTRA MAGS ON YOUR BELT.

BELT KEEPERS DONT SPEND A BUNCH OF $$$ ON THEM.

GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!!!

IMG_0327.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Department_of_Community_Supervision

It is another useless layer of bureaucracy created to give the illusion that the current state government gives a royal American rodent fornication about crime victims. They have had these "community Supervisors" in Cuba since the revolution.

When the economy finally collapses, their mission will change, as we will all be criminals.

It's not "another layer." It replaces the Board of Pardons and Paroles when it comes to supervising parolees who are out on the streets.
The Board makes the decision to let somebody out, and then DCS supervises them.
The "community supervision" means supervision of parolees "in the community" -- not that the government is spying on the community.
Comrade, Great Leader Marx says to take a chill pill.

Okay dudes,

I was selected for the GA 9th Judicial Circuit as a CSO for Gwinnett, Walton, Hall Counties for the State Department of Community Supervision. Here's what I need from you LEOs on here.

I need recommendations for a Light Duty Belt

Handcuffs, I settled with Nickel color in mind. Need either chain or Hinge. whats better, ASP double holder pouch

Duty Light- haven't settled on one. also need a pouch for it

Holster Im thinking a Safairaland Retention Level 2 with TLR-1 cut (Glock 19)

OC Pouch- Havent started looking.

Mag pouches- 1 double pouch or 2 singles

and belt keepers- what brand

Any and all knowledge please.
Go leather if you can, much more comfortable.

My duty belt is this one http://www.511tactical.com/sierra-bravo-duty-belt-kit.html

Comes with belt keeps and under belt, I have no complaints on it and would recommend it. I personally prefer peerless hinged cuffs. I have different colors other than stainless so that I know they are mine. Holster wise I would go all safariland for cuff holster, OC holster, and mag pouch. My current weapon is the Blackhawk level 3. I like level 3 over level 2 just for the extra retention. But like Ken Ford Ken Ford said leather is a lot more comfortable but it does also show wear a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom