• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meet Zoid Jr. . . . . . .

Her Son, My Son . . . . .

Resized_20170713_155839_3282.jpeg

So the weather cooperated this past weekend and Sunday Margie and I went to visit the cemetery where Nate is interred. Honey Creek Woodlands is a very non-typical cemetery that only does natural burials. I figured @Scaramouche would appreciate this place . . . .

Nate's remains were cremated and placed into a biodegradable urn for his funeral services. Right after the service we took his remains out to a wooded hilltop near the chapel on the property. This burial site is owned and managed by the Monks at the Holy Spirit Monastery in Conyers, GA. They have burial sites in meadows, woodlands, forests, and other natural settings. The 1,000 acre burial grounds are a part of the 8,000 acre Arabia Mountain conservation area. Nothing will ever be developed on or near this site.

Margie and I spent some time communicating with Nate, God, and God's creation . . . . Grave site decorations are limited to natural materials only. We have a small marker stone ordered for the site of his repose. Nate's site is between two young pines within view of the open air chapel on the property.

20180218_160616.jpg

20180218_160705.jpg

20180218_160729.jpg

20180218_160653.jpg

20180218_161050.jpg

These aren't my words, but those of a few folks that possibly knew my son better than I did. These are just a few of the posts on social media that my daughters found after his passing, written by his high school classmates.

unadjustednonraw_thumb_907-jpg.99616

unadjustednonraw_thumb_8f9-jpg.99619
I don't know how I missed this, Great Testimony from others, about the Joy and comfort he gave to so many! Prayer's Brother!

Gents,

So I was feeling really melancholy this morning. I was hanging that feeling on the fact that I turn 60 tomorrow, but I wasn't convinced that was it. I've kinda been in a funk all day. Then I received an e-mail this afternoon around 3:30pm. I wasn't expecting this e-mail for another two or three weeks, because when I ordered this at the end of February, they told me to expect it in six weeks, but sometimes they (the Monks) operated on a different schedule (meaning slow).

So it came in today. They allow the family to place it if they want. I guess Margie and I will head out there Saturday afternoon.

Now I know why I was having such a hard time this morning, and most of the day . . . .

Z

upload_2018-3-22_22-45-20.png

I apologize for the re-post to any of you who saw this in the RIP thread. There are a few guys who follow this one that don't follow the other, I think.

Back
Top Bottom