• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Members only wants to deal over the phone!!

Do you confirm deal in a message on here first

• No I only call don’t want paper trail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lockout

Default rank 5000+ posts
80   0
Reaction score
Ok I have been here a long time and made plenty deals no negatives on my end
A lot of you guys knows me and or has had some type chit chat with me in past

but I had a member that will refuse to make a deal because I will not call and make a deal over the phone

I explain once we confirm a deal on here this forum and have that in writing then I will call that person and let them hear my sexy voice

the person asked me text first because they don’t answer random numbers
So with that I texted them and asked if we made a deal to please confirm that
On this forum through PM to protect us both

in response I get

sorry but being you can’t call is a red flag to me and I have to decline

How do you guys feel about this ?

Also let me add this

they didn’t respond to my text to their phone , but got on here to message me through the forum

So if they feel more comfortable why would they not reply to my cell phone either calling me back or texting

find that ironic

I have made deals via telephone, but usually in circumstances where a confessed "Old Fogey" (their words, not mine) just liked doing business via voice (started via PM first then transitioned). That being said, all deals were confirmed via documentable (is that even a word) means such as ODT PM or a text message that was then copied and pasted in the PM thread. I've never had an issue, but I agree that I have declined to deal with some members who are early to avoid PM and take chit chat offline (usually fresh meat members who are sending out other red flag vibes, too).

I thought the policy was that all negotiating for a meeting was to be done on here, in case something falls through, then you can leave a negative feedback. Negotiations about price and such can occur in person, once the potential buyer can see the item. Now, obviously some things like “Is your price negotiable?” Can be asked in advance.

Back
Top Bottom