• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Men over 50 should not use a chainsaw.

Ran a Stihl 310 and a Kioti NX5510 pretty much all day today. Other than needing some Tylenol Xtra Strength, all is good!!!!

Thinking I’m invincible is what got me neck surgery lol!
Who performed the surgery, and how was the recovery process for you?

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis about 10 years ago, and I have been experiencing all sorts of problems lately... just this Thursday the surgeon who made the initial diagnosis looked at the newest MRI and she told me the arthritis is much worse, I have bulges between C 5,6, and 7, and bone is pressing on some nerves right now.
I dropped, cut up, and stacked about 40 trees over on my mom's property with my chainsaw a week before, and I am sure that didn't help one bit.

Who performed the surgery, and how was the recovery process for you?

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis about 10 years ago, and I have been experiencing all sorts of problems lately... just this Thursday the surgeon who made the initial diagnosis looked at the newest MRI and she told me the arthritis is much worse, I have bulges between C 5,6, and 7, and bone is pressing on some nerves right now.
I dropped, cut up, and stacked about 40 trees over on my mom's property with my chainsaw a week before, and I am sure that didn't help one bit.
Doc. Holiday (that’s really his name) in Macon. He is awesome. A true Genius. If you want the straight scoop, go to him. He and his staff are wonderful. My mom and my wife are providers and they both told me his is the best, and after seeing him and what he did for me I have no doubts.

Recovery was fine considering. I honestly felt like I could come out of my neck brace and do much more a lot sooner than they would allow. It really wasn’t that bad. He did a great job and the follow up after the surgery was great. He really kept me informed on how my neck was healing and what was going on. No active man wants to be hindered by a neck brace, but it’s a necessary part of the process. I was in it for about 3 months after the surgery, but mine was pretty extensive. But the pain is gone and although I’ve got arthritis there, I feel so much better. I can move without being in immense pain. I’ve lost some mobility in my neck as far as turning my head side to side, but that’s to be expected when they screw you back together lol.

Back
Top Bottom