• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meprolight sux

I thought Glock factory NS were rebranded Meprologhts? But then Glock warranty speaks for itself.
I have Ameriglo suppressor height sights on my G19 and, so far they are good.

HMM?
I guess ones mileage may vary , I have 4 sets of mepros and all have functioned perfectly.
one gun is well north of 8500 rounds and the oldest is about 4 years old.
still bright and glowing nicely on all three.
The bad set that I got several years back was Novaks.

My first 3 issued P229's had Trijicons and I went through approximately 40,000 rounds each on them with no issues with the sights. As a matter of fact, the only problem I had with any of those P229's over a total course of approximately 120,000 rounds was a broken decocking lever spring.....nothing that would stop me in a gunfight.

My 4th P229 I didn't have long.......one of the grip screw holes in the frame stripped and they replaced the gun with #5, which I've been carrying every since.

My first 3 issued P229's had Trijicons and I went through approximately 40,000 rounds each on them with no issues with the sights. As a matter of fact, the only problem I had with any of those P229's over a total course of approximately 120,000 rounds was a broken decocking lever spring.....nothing that would stop me in a gunfight.

My 4th P229 I didn't have long.......one of the grip screw holes in the frame stripped and they replaced the gun with #5, which I've been carrying every since.

Only 40,000 per gun? You should probably think about shooting more often. :)

Finally had a Ameriglo Pro Glo front sight come apart while shooting at the range a couple weeks ago. The tritium vial came out and separated from the front sight and the orange ring separated from the vial. Called Ameriglo which is here in the Metro area by the way, and they sent me a replacement out. My sight was probably 5 years old. Never had that happen to any sight but Ameriglo Warranty took care of it. The pistol has had around 5,000 rounds thru her. The guy at Warranty asked me to email him a picture of what the sight looked like from the shooters view. Didn't even say I had to send it back. Picture was good enough....

I Love Ameriglo you cant beat their service. I had a front sight issue and just sent an email off at 11pm on a sunday night and about ten minutes later I got a response he took my name and address sent me a new front sight and a prepaid envelope to ship back my bad one. I got the new one on tuesday of the same week. That has made me a customer for life.

HMM?
I guess ones mileage may vary , I have 4 sets of mepros and all have functioned perfectly.
one gun is well north of 8500 rounds and the oldest is about 4 years old.
still bright and glowing nicely on all three.
The bad set that I got several years back was Novaks.

Everbody has a bad day but how you or your employees handle it speaks volumes about your company. Sending out a replacement sight with a card on file to charge if they did not recieve the old sight would have been a much better option amd im sure the OP would have been happy with that vs being told to take his duty gun out of service due to a faulty front sight.

Mepro sights are decent but its apparent in this situation and others ive heard about over the years their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom