• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meprolight sux

That sucks Shep. Haven't bought a new set of Mepros since about 2010. Sounds like their quality and customer service have really gone down hill. Have only purchased Ameriglos the last few years and am very happy with them.

Put a set of Meprolights on a 1911 many years ago and they were bright and reliable until I sold the gun a couple of years ago. Tried three different sets on weapons more recently and all three were crap.

I thought Glock factory NS were rebranded Meprologhts? But then Glock warranty speaks for itself.
I have Ameriglo suppressor height sights on my G19 and, so far they are good.

That's what I heard as well, although I don't know for sure that is true.

I had Glock install their night sights on 2 Glocks within 1 month of purchase ranging from early 2013 - early 2014. Also in 2013, Glock replaced two Gen3 G27 that had internal problems, with Gen4 that already had Glock night sights on them. The Gen3 units at time of exchange had original night sights that I had purchased in 1996, and those sights were still very bright.

On my latest Glock I purchased in early 2014, I had the dealer install Mepro night sights (almost identical to the Glock night sights). This one I know has at least 5000 rounds through it, yet the sights are as bright as all my other Glocks.

I just compared all 5 sights in a dark room, all of them have very bright glows, and I can tell no difference in brightness between any of them.

So, maybe Mepro's manufacturing quality has gone to hell since early 2014? That sucks. I hope this does not mean that Glocks recent night sights are crap, and hopefully they have changed manufacturers.

A few years ago while I was down at Glock, an employee told me that Glock actually made the metal sight, and Meprolight supplied them the tritium vials.

Stuff happens, I know that. I'd be fine with having 2 bad sights in a short period of time, if the customer service were better and fixed the issue.

I'd be fine with crappy customer service if the product didn't need serviced.

Bad product + poor CS = No-Go

Back
Top Bottom