• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mercedes Metris

Darkdiesel

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the smaller mercedes cargo van for my electric service company. Does anyone have experience with these? We do 95% residential service calls so small and maneuverable is a big plus.

My only other other options are Ford and Nissan but those both seem to give nasty ownership experiences.

The mercedes has the same drivetrain as the c class.

I had a new Ford Transit. It was super roomy, drove well and quiet. It’s also rear wheel drive. 2015 that i drove for almost 3 years. All i did was brakes and tires after 55k miles

I have had a Metris for a loaner while my Sprinter was getting serviced. Drove it for a couple of days. Decent van, road good and was ok of fuel. The ownership experience for the Sprinter has been very good. No complaints with the dealership so far. I have owned the Sprinter since June 2015.

I had a new Ford Transit. It was super roomy, drove well and quiet. It’s also rear wheel drive. 2015 that i drove for almost 3 years. All i did was brakes and tires after 55k miles

Was it the connect or the bigger version? The last Ford I had was awful, nothing but issues for about 4 years.

Was it the connect or the bigger version? The last Ford I had was awful, nothing but issues for about 4 years.
Not the little one. Equivalent to the econoline which I had for years. I loved the transit. Had a Center console, rubber floor mat and no windows in the back with all the bins.

I have had a Metris for a loaner while my Sprinter was getting serviced. Drove it for a couple of days. Decent van, road good and was ok of fuel. The ownership experience for the Sprinter has been very good. No complaints with the dealership so far. I have owned the Sprinter since June 2015.

That's good to hear. Which dealership did you buy it from?

Not the little one. Equivalent to the econoline which I had for years. I loved the transit. Had a Center console, rubber floor mat and no windows in the back with all the bins.

I've been reading on those as well. They either seem to be trouble free or a nightmare.... my luck always seems to run toward the latter lol.

I'll drive one of the fords and see how I like it just to be thorough.

I'm really digging the shorter Van's for loading and unloading ladders tho. I'm getting tired of climbing on tool boxes and ladders to load and unload ladders lol.

Back
Top Bottom