• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Met a coonass

Had 3 buddies from the military that were coonass. The more they drank the less you understood them.

One of the finest Marines I ever served with was a coonass from Lake Charles. He sent half of every paycheck home to help support his mother and younger sister. Henry never drank a drop (which is highly unusual for a Marine!) But it stemmed from his being partially raised by an abusive alcoholic father who died when he was a young teenager.

Met a coonass girl in Nawlins, absolutely the sweetest woman I have ever met in my life.Loved to hear her talk.

Lived in Lafayette Louisiana for over 10 years and loved it, Best hunting and fishing you ever seen. Even married me a little coonass girl from the bayou. She was nuttier then a fruit cut and meaner than a polecat..lol,, Hopefully going back in Oct. to do some hunting with some buddies that still live there.

You still with her?

I grew up about 50 miles North of New Orleans just South of Baton Rouge, and my wife is from Lafayette. Them swamp boys are somethin else !!!
My sister writes Troy's insurance policies, he's a hoot.
MY SON PLAYED BASEBALL IN Lafayette FOR RON GUIDRY AND WE MEANT SOME OF THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE WITH A PASSION TO COOK,HUNT,FISH AND LOVE LSU.

Company I work for bought a plant just outside of Lafayette. Lots of good people down there.

Holy **** though I gain 10 pounds every time I go from all the good food. They know how to eat down there. It ain't fancy but damn I can't get enough.

IMG_0053.JPG
Worked offshore for about a year. Flew out of a lot of La. heliports and worked with a lot of great guys. A lot of them are having a tough time right now. Off shore work has cut back and jobs are hard to come by now. The food out there was great. Can't hardly stand most of the restaurants around here they try to call themselves Cajun. Plus I've got family in Houma.

Went to tech school with one , proud to be called coonass. Told coonass jokes every night, great guy.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom