• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Micro Red Dot

NWGeorgiaSquatchman

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sons Of Thunder
160   0
Reaction score
Buddy of mine asked me to get on here and find out if anyone has had any good results with a micro red dot that wont clean out your wallet? He knows Aimpoint/Leupold/Burris make them but he doesnt wanna spend $300+ on a red dot. I advised him that 8/10 times you will generally get what you pay for. But just thought id see if anyone on here found something esle they liked? Thanks

Last edited:
Do you mean a mini red dot like a Burris FastFire or Trijicon RMR? I have a Docter RDS on one of my pistols and have not had any issues with it so far. It has held zero fine. CDNN was having a killer sale on them at one point but the price has gone up a bit since:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/doresiiipl35.html

They had a killer sale on older Trji sights for a while too:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/zzztrreddotr.html

Both of these get good reviews but the specs are different. The Burris FastFire also gets good reviews and has an on/off if that is important to him. Most sights automatically turn off or dim way down to save batteries when in pitch blackness. The Leupold one also has an auto-on and off switch that is based on movement which is a good feature I think. Battery life for most of them will vary based on this.

From what I have read the Trijicon RMR LED model gets the best reviews and a TON of people swear by it.

I used a bushnell trs-25 on my ar it worked great..don't cowitness without the right riser tho, I had flippers so it didn't matter. Can't remember how much it was I think around $120-130ish

I used a bushnell trs-25 on my ar it worked great..don't cowitness without the right riser tho, I had flippers so it didn't matter. Can't remember how much it was I think around $120-130ish

I am running the same thing on my saiga 12, and it handles recoil great.

i got one from cabelas yrs ago [pine ridge}put it on a12ga w/rifle barrel/reg it still holds the same setting i first set it for some yrs ago and never replaced the battery, I think I paid 39.95 ,got my moneys worth, and still useing it.

I have a Trijicon RMR mine is a 9 MOA dot that I use on a shotgun. It was $450. BoTach has them listed for $375 with free shipping currently. I don't know if this includes the mount or not. The mount it about $60. http://www.botachtactical.com/trrmrduilwes.html The nice thing about the RMR is no batteries. It is fiber optic in the day time and tritium at night. Other than that you are right you get what you pay for buy a cheap red dot get get a cheap red dot.

Thanks y'all! And I'm not sure what type he is looking for. I think it might be a micro but I'll pass all this along to him and surely he can find what he is looking for given this info. Thanks again

I watched a review on this one on Youtube, passed along the video's recommendation to a friend. He bought two of them off of Amazon ($30 rebates until December). I bought one, but mine has a problem. First, I feel like this was previously owned. Battery was already installed, and tape seals broken. Anyway, this SOB wouldn't mount to any rail on any weapon I own. Close inspection has me thinking the threaded bolt has cluttered threads due to the painting process (anodized?). I'll have to go through Bushnell to see if they'll do anything. Too bad since it was $80.

Back
Top Bottom