• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

quikstang347

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
in the market to purchase a new knife for EDC and am interested in an OTF knife. Any suggestions on either a Microtech Ultratech or Benchmade Infidel. I cant decide and am not a knife connoisseur

No question, microtech.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 16
Wow...got to say I own both and willl take the Benchmade over the Microtech. The steel may be better in the MT but the action on the BM is top shelf. So much slicker- ymmv.
Funny how different people feel differently. I have the two models picture above that op was talking about and feel the benchmade is squishy compared to the crispness of the microtech. I have 2 infidels and they both just feel soft comparednto my microtechs. Thats just the actuon, the steel used on the microtechs is superior as you stated though.

I own both or at least I did until I traded my MT UT for a second infidel. I hated the Glass break and side action on the MT more than anything.

The infidel action is certainly not as stout as the microtech, but it never fails to fire and I hated the microtech so much I never carried it.

Funny how different people feel differently. I have the two models picture above that op was talking about and feel the benchmade is squishy compared to the crispness of the microtech. I have 2 infidels and they both just feel soft comparednto my microtechs. Thats just the actuon, the steel used on the microtechs is superior as you stated though.

You are definitely correct about the difference in the actions. The Infidels ( I also have 2) feel like they load before they expose and the Ultratech just bangs out....hmmmm, something to ponder. The Microtechs carry better, lighter, also but I still favor my BM’s. Love to read the different views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom