Microtech or Benchmade Infidel

• Microtech Ultratech

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Benchmade Infidel

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the choice is made. Personally, I have never been a fan of an otf knife due to strength concerns. However, I asked a dealer who handled both, if he were to carry one personally, which one would it be. The answer was a quick benchmade. I asked why, he said the warranty. Just the thoughts of a long time knife guy.

Seems the choice is made. Personally, I have never been a fan of an otf knife due to strength concerns. However, I asked a dealer who handled both, if he were to carry one personally, which one would it be. The answer was a quick benchmade. I asked why, he said the warranty. Just the thoughts of a long time knife guy.

Not trying to challenge what you were told, but I am pretty certain Microtech has a lifetime warranty.

Update: this is what I found on MT website just now:

OUR LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
THERE WILL BE SLIGHT WARRANTY CHANGES WITH MORE SPECIFIC DETAIL COMING SOON AND WILL TAKE AFFECT EARLY 2019.

We believe that when you purchase a Microtech knife, you have bought the best. Our talented associates work hard to ensure that the quality of every knife surpasses your expectations. We stand behind the first-class materials, quality craftsmanship and durability of our knives.

Microtech Knives proudly and confidently extends a Lifetime Limited Warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship. We expect you to use the knife. We made it with that in mind.

The lifetime of the components and materials could have some limitations. When submitting knife for warranty service we will evaluate the return based on several factors including but not limited to – availability of parts and whether or not a model is still in active production or if parts to the model is still available. Some components have a natural expiration since all materials degrade over time with use and exposure to the elements. A product’s lifetime is a function of how much use it gets and how well it is cared for and not how old it is.

I'm not much of a knife guy. :pound:
What is better than Microtechs lifetime warranty?:confused:
I have both, when BM's (Do you really want a BM lil BM.jpg in your pocket?)
come out with Star Trek blades I may buy a few more. :)

They both have a lifetime warranty, the difference comes when you send it in to get worked on. I'm told microtech likes to fingerprint at the consumer for misuse/abuse instead of fixing the knife. I have no experience with one, like I said, they are not my thing. Maybe someone who has had experience with a warranty claim will chime in and give us first hand knowledge.

The last paragraph of their warranty would turn me away, especially for the price of their product.

I like the MT's but went with the Infidel mini, as EDC bc it felt better in the pocket and the position of the button when pulling out of the pocket 2 deploy was right where it needed to be 2 have 1 quick action

I have used MT's warranty service on 3 different occasions, with 3 different knifes. Never had a issue with them fixing the problem nor I have I ever had to explain to them what happened.
And on all 3 occasions they sent me back some Microtech swag along with my repaired/re-sharpened knife.. for instance claw keychains and Microtech/Marifone patches.

For me there is no comparison, Microtech FTW. color and knife configuration options are so much better

They both have a lifetime warranty, the difference comes when you send it in to get worked on. I'm told microtech likes to fingerprint at the consumer for misuse/abuse instead of fixing the knife. I have no experience with one, like I said, they are not my thing. Maybe someone who has had experience with a warranty claim will chime in and give us first hand knowledge.

The last paragraph of their warranty would turn me away, especially for the price of their product.

I have sent mine in and received it back in under 2 weeks with no questions asked and with some free swag. This was about 6 months ago.

I'll let you and probably everyone else know how it goes. I've abused my MT i use for work. Broke the tip off twice and chunks missing out the blade. Still use it and still cuts good as is

It ultimately came down to 2 features for my decision,
1- it felt better in my hand and I liked the spring system in it better as I have no issue using the thumb button to open or close it as some people do.
2 - I love the Hellhound Tanto blade and you cant beat the Elmax steel.
at the end of the day the Microtech just fit and felt better for what I use it for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom