• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Microtech?

ya know, over the years, i've collected various knives and have been addicted to auto's for a long time. i first saw these MTs at a gun show in Idaho quite a few years ago. The sales gal said that she would sell me and my son-in-law a MT for the "show price" of $150. So i'm just curious as to what the markup is on these things. If its anything like the markup of a Yeti, (no offense to any dealers) then I don't think that i'll be buying one anytime soon as much as i would like to purchase one.

I'm not sure the markup from the dealer is as high as one would think. In retail, it's common to keystone/markup 50% of the sales price.
I'm doubtful the dealers are working on much higher than 30 or 40%. After shipping/CC Fee's and whatever other costs associated with their business, they make much more than a 15% margin. Just a guess

I'm not sure the markup from the dealer is as high as one would think. In retail, it's common to keystone/markup 50% of the sales price.
I'm doubtful the dealers are working on much higher than 30 or 40%. After shipping/CC Fee's and whatever other costs associated with their business, they make much more than a 15% margin. Just a guess

On most knives to be competitive these guys make less.... + MT like to tell you that you have to buy certain knives to get other knives.

Example at Blade they would only sell Richie the $30-40k in custom knives he wanted, IF he bought an additional $15,000 in knives he didn't want.

Now you wanna talk about mark up, Benchmade dealers buy for $150 and sell for $300 and although I'm sure they have great customer service....if you put them side by side the Microtech is a Ferrari F12 next to a over priced Chevy Malibu.

Sent in a MT to have work done on it...they received it yesterday and contacted me to tell me it arrived safely and they would have it turned around to me within 3 days. Their goal now is to have the knife back in the customers hand in a week.

I'll update after I have it back in hand.

Sweet, I will gladly be incorrect on my assumptions if it means there's another company with fast turnaround and great CS.

Now you wanna talk about mark up, Benchmade dealers buy for $150 and sell for $300 and although I'm sure they have great customer service....if you put them side by side the Microtech is a Ferrari F12 next to a over priced Chevy Malibu.

I won't argue with the markup, I would disagree with the comparison though. The key with Benchmade is to find dealers that sell below MAP.

I texted Jason and asked him to have it painted pink for you....
It's already pink. Dark pink.
ya know, over the years, i've collected various knives and have been addicted to auto's for a long time. i first saw these MTs at a gun show in Idaho quite a few years ago. The sales gal said that she would sell me and my son-in-law a MT for the "show price" of $150. So i'm just curious as to what the markup is on these things. If its anything like the markup of a Yeti, (no offense to any dealers) then I don't think that i'll be buying one anytime soon as much as i would like to purchase one.
Sounds like those may have been counterfeit

Back
Top Bottom