• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Microtechs are…..

splingbobble

Default rank <750 posts
Land clearing, grading, drainage solutions offered
19   0
Reaction score
Over priced and over rated. I said it. Fight me.

1665023959169.gif

I’m agreeing with you. I only say that ‘cause I can’t afford a Microtech either lol. Many say the same things for the same reasons about Teslas and supermodels.
The sad thing is I own a few Microtechs. But for the price, I would like to see a blade that didn’t have play. There should be ZERO blade wobble on a 500$+ knife. Even if it is an auto. And the steel is not the quality they claim it is. I’ve got stilettos from the 50’s that far surpass the Microtechs in both quality and craftsmanship.

Their OTFs are the standard all others aim to achieve. I have a Hera OTF, which is extremely well built. I put it on the market, though, because it was my first OTF and I learned I am just not a OTF guy. I also have a Pariah and Stitch, which are tanks.

It's no different than firearms or cars. Some people like HK or Sig when a cheaper firearm would serve their purpose. Some people prefer Mercedes even though a Honda would meet their needs just fine.

Their OTFs are the standard all others aim to achieve. I have a Hera OTF, which is extremely well built. I put it on the market, though, because it was my first OTF and I learned I am just not a OTF guy. I also have a Pariah and Stitch, which are tanks.

It's no different than firearms or cars. Some people like HK or Sig when a cheaper firearm would serve their purpose. Some people prefer Mercedes even though a Honda would meet their needs just fine.
This is a fair evaluation. My gripe is the blade wobble, and the finish wear after about a year of edc. I feel that for the price, they should be better built. I will say that after using it daily for a year the blade is still quick to react, but that is negated by the wobble. Just my assessment of the knife so far.

Back
Top Bottom