• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mid 30’s dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckhead Church, NorthPoint Church both have great singles programs, give them a try.

After 17 yrs of marriage ex went crazy, still is. Well, went crazy 12 yrs in, stuck it out too long.

Tried all the dating apps for 3 or 4 years, crazytown.

Ran into an old girlfriend from college, asked her out, married the next year. We are perfect for each other, just lost track in the days before email and cell phones.....

I was married over a decade. This is madness out here.

Pro tip - go on Facebook marketplace. Search for used wedding dresses. From there, you can filter your search by location and dress size. :nod:

On a more serious note, you and me both brother! I'm 39. I was married and with my ex-wife for over a decade as well. We got divorced about 4 years ago. It sucks out there and with COVID it's impossible to meet people without those online dating apps. I'm also very picky at my age and have zero tolerance for bull ****. I'd love to try and meet someone at church, but the church I go to is still 100% remote. Try Hinge. Bumble and Tinder suck; Tinder's the worst. What I've learned the last couple months with online dating apps is that you have to strike when the iron's hot and filter through a TON of BS. If you connect, engage in a conversation, then get busy and don't write them back for a day or two ... they're gone. Ghosting is super common. If you're chatting with someone that you like and it's going well, try the whole FaceTime thing pretty early on and then plan to meet up with them. Awesome ice breaker. I recently meet someone on Hinge and we connected to the point where we did the initial FaceTime thing. It went well and we met up for an actual date last week. She seems awesome so far so we shall see ...

Maybe all of the single guys on here can do a happy hour and collectively pick up some babes LOL

Going to give you the same advice I gave my brother. Work on being the person you should be and the woman you deserve will come into your life.
He has the unlikeliest story of meeting the wonderful woman who became his wife that I’ve ever heard.

Would love to hear the story if you feel like sharing ...

Pro tip - go on Facebook marketplace. Search for used wedding dresses. From there, you can filter your search by location and dress size. :nod:

On a more serious note, you and me both brother! I'm 39. I was married and with my ex-wife for over a decade as well. We got divorced about 4 years ago. It sucks out there and with COVID it's impossible to meet people without those online dating apps. I'm also very picky at my age and have zero tolerance for bull ****. I'd love to try and meet someone at church, but the church I go to is still 100% remote. Try Hinge. Bumble and Tinder suck; Tinder's the worst. What I've learned the last couple months with online dating apps is that you have to strike when the iron's hot and filter through a TON of BS. If you connect, engage in a conversation, then get busy and don't write them back for a day or two ... they're gone. Ghosting is super common. If you're chatting with someone that you like and it's going well, try the whole FaceTime thing pretty early on and then plan to meet up with them. Awesome ice breaker. I recently meet someone on Hinge and we connected to the point where we did the initial FaceTime thing. It went well and we met up for an actual date last week. She seems awesome so far so we shall see ...

Maybe all of the single guys on here can do a happy hour and collectively pick up some babes LOL
Same boat, we oughta be fishing. I think a singles night for Odt members would likely scare away all the women. Didn’t have much luck on hinge, bumble keeps me entertained, tinder is a grease fire

Go out and meet people in person. It's great to get to know someone when it's not a "date" type situation. You can avoid the natural human tendency to want to be liked, and it's easier to be honest and genuine without the expectation and weight of a date. This has worked for me incredibly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom