• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Middle ga rut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't speak for somewhere I don't hunt but I must ask, what is your doe to buck ratio? That could be an indicator of too many does. Also the heat, lack of rain, and recent full moon have all contributed to pushing a lot of rut activity to during the night.

Can't speak for somewhere I don't hunt but I must ask, what is your doe to buck ratio? That could be an indicator of too many does. Also the heat, lack of rain, and recent full moon have all contributed to pushing a lot of rut activity to during the night.
You are 100% right on if there’s too many does. That will completely change the way bucks leave sign and how they move. At least that’s been my experience

Anyone else see absolutely NO sign of a rut in Bibb or eastern Crawford county so far this season?

I’m in Shirley Hills right on Jones county border. Watch the same 20 does every day cross my yard. Consistently see a couple of small bucks like 4 points throughout the year.

Well on Halloween night, all hell broke loose. Saw monsters I haven’t seen all year. Just acting stupid too. 10 points just standing in the middle of the road as we were trick or treating. Saw four or five 8-10 points with spreads outside their ears during trick or treating.

I just saw a big 10 point this morning bedded down on our lawn. Just chilling in the sun.

Here’s a smaller one who’s either dumber or ballsier than the other ones. He’s out a lot more than the bigger guys. Since Halloween I’ve seen this guy almost daily.

D25D8A5D-CD21-48EF-98EE-BFD23AF45555.jpeg

We only have 2 mature bucks verified and it's a small tract, 52 acres, but the biggest puzzle is no deer on any camera for the last 3 weeks. The land is loaded with hardwood and the acorn crop this year has been very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom