• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Midway IMI 62 grain 556 1200 rounds for $299

Armor piercing bullets for $80 for 1K? BS. I reload, and I know much ingredients cost.
Using your numbers, it comes out to $560 for 2K or $336 for 1200 or 28 cents a piece for run of the mill FMJ ammo.
Tell me again why OP is not a good deal?
Oh, yea, do not forget $500-$700 for the press, dies, bullet and brass feeders, etc. And your time.
And brass from the OP is all mine to use for free.

Actually I misspoke I'd need 16 pounds I believe. 27gr per shot.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
So your cost is $560,if that includes shipping, would mean yours are .28 a round not counting (the cost of) having all the reloading equipment and all the free time to load 2k rounds. Since they are reloads I would consider offering .20 a round if you want to sell some.

Armor piercing bullets for $80 for 1K? BS. I reload, and I know much ingredients cost.
Using your numbers, it comes out to $560 for 2K or $336 for 1200 or 28 cents a piece for run of the mill FMJ ammo.
Tell me again why OP is not a good deal?
Oh, yea, do not forget $500-$700 for the press, dies, bullet and brass feeders, etc. And your time.
And brass from the OP is all mine to use for free.
Time doesn't cost nothing though right?

I have 2 kids, job, farm and orchard, my time is very valuable.
Load ammo or give kids baths, or spray apple trees with fungicide....
I have 2 kids and am a trucker. Load 200 here and there. I've got I've got like 40$ in a once fired loading of 250 rounds.

I have 2 kids and am a trucker. Load 200 here and there. I've got I've got like 40$ in a once fired loading of 250 rounds.

Still $.16/round. Lets say it takes an hour to produce the ammo, and you value your time @ $20/hr, it increases your cost to .24/round. Is it worth the penny / in savings to load? Now keep in mind, there is no way I could load that fast (maybe 50/hr, single stage press for me), and my time is worth more than $20/hr. .25/round for ANY 5.56 is a great deal, especially when I dont have to worry about how I have loaded it, or spent my time to do it.

Back
Top Bottom