• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might become single soon thanks to ODT

I have an AR pistol but I never shoot it; it just never felt right and I never felt like I needed the extra firepower of 5.56 over a pistol that I shoot well and can carry on me with extra mags in the car.
But my pistol upper is 12.5" and was purchased with the intent to SBR someday.

The OP could get a second lower registered so if he has to cross state lines and didn't send in the form he can just throw his upper back onto the pistol lower.

Why? All the additional restrictions, paperwork, and scrutiny only to have a stock over a brace. Zero reason to SBR a rifle caliber pistol unless you just like collecting expensive government stamps.
Agreed! This is a pistol, not an SBR. In case anyone missed it, it is now legal to shoulder a pistol brace. I run a short stock length anyway on AR types (and I'm 6'4"), so I can't tell the difference. No stamp, no wait. I already had the suppressor.

300bk2.jpg

Not to hijack this thread, but Bear44's picture has me wanting to ask this question. I understand that a pistol with an OAL greater than 26 inches can have a vertical front grip, but what if you have a brace and are shouldering it? Does that keep you in the gray area of the law or does it put you at risk?

8.5" barreled AR pistol for home defense?

Hope you sleep with earpro and sunglasses. :thumb:
Lmfao I thought about it. But I'm gonna suppress it I have the MK18 and am familiar with the noise these SBRs make lol.
The rail on that rifle/pistol is proprietary. You are not able to change it. The upper is monolithic with a removable upper section for the gas piston operating system.
It doesn't have rails on it. This is what LWRC says about it:

Designed on the LWRCI Monoforge™ upper receiver with Modular 7" Rail system allows the shooter to customize as needed. With the slim modular handguards, the user has the ability to add rails where desired. At just 5.9lbs, having the option of rails saves weight off of an already light rifle

Not familiar with this type of setup so was wondering how to go about adding rails. Rail length, fitment, proprietary or not, etc.

Back
Top Bottom