• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might become single soon thanks to ODT

Over 26" OAL it changes the pistol to simply a "firearm", allowing a vertical group IIRC.
A) If said "firearm" is manufactured by Franklin Armory and has an ATF letter accompanying it, yes, you are right.

B) If it doesn't...

3) GLWTS.

IV) No way that AOW is 26" OAL anyways.

I have a 10.5 PSA upper and a regular pistol buffer tube, it measures just a little over 26 inches, I believe it was 26.25".

Another question, exactly how is it written that you measure the 26"? Does the flash hider count if it is not welded?

All this if's and Burt's to save $200. SBR it and move on. I've never ever said, I wonder how cheap I can do xyz for on a gun build. To each their own I guess.

Besides pistol braces are #ghey. But what do I know, I've paid good money to have my guns colored like a 8 year old with a coloring book. Damn pointless cerakote... But it looks cool

I have a 10.5 PSA upper and a regular pistol buffer tube, it measures just a little over 26 inches, I believe it was 26.25".

Another question, exactly how is it written that you measure the 26"? Does the flash hider count if it is not welded?
I believe it's measured to the end of the barrel if the FH isn't pinned/welded.

Not to hijack this thread, but Bear44's picture has me wanting to ask this question. I understand that a pistol with an OAL greater than 26 inches can have a vertical front grip, but what if you have a brace and are shouldering it? Does that keep you in the gray area of the law or does it put you at risk?
Shouldering it makes no difference.

Actually, that's an AOW. Hope it's registered as such...given that it's a pistol with a vertical grip and all. :tsk:
Over all length is more than 26 inches.

VFG_2011_Page_1.png

VFG_2011_Page_2.png

VFG_2011_Page_3.png

Mine has an OAL of 27 inches.

Back
Top Bottom