• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might need motor replaced

I have. They are about a grand.
That might be the way it ends up.
Honestly a crank kit and assorted gaskets and fluids will be close to a grand...add is a timing chain and gears if needed and your over a grand.

If its losing oil presure when it gets up to operating temp its a main bearing issue. Pull a main cap and a rod cap furthest from the oil pump and have look at the crank. Any roughness when you drag a fingernail across is no good. Look at it real close ...any roughness at all will prematurely wear new bearings and be a problem.

Reactions: MRM
That is another thing that I would have checked. I read that a shoestring could be used to polish the crank with some fine paper.

The knock is not good for the crank or the bearings. So I feel I will be checking it out soon.
Honestly a crank kit and assorted gaskets and fluids will be close to a grand...add is a timing chain and gears if needed and your over a grand.

If its losing oil presure when it gets up to operating temp its a main bearing issue. Pull a main cap and a rod cap furthest from the oil pump and have look at the crank. Any roughness when you drag a fingernail across is no good. Look at it real close ...any roughness at all will prematurely wear new bearings and be a problem.

Jasper's prices surprised me....rock solid builds with good warranty. I was gonna get Jeff Eller (Eller performance to build mine but he said that he couldn't beat Jasper's prices as far as a total rebuild. If he sends it off you'll get a good discount and be done with it. Eller Performance Cartersville . my 2 cents

I doubt I would go with them. Too many horror stories for reviews.
Plus someone else has to install it.
My issue is that if I spend good money with them and an install then the motor craps out I am at the mercy of their warranty.
I would almost rather gamble on a used engine.

Thanks, I will call him for a price.
Jasper's prices surprised me....rock solid builds with good warranty. I was gonna get Jeff Eller (Eller performance to build mine but he said that he couldn't beat Jasper's prices as far as a total rebuild. If he sends it off you'll get a good discount and be done with it. Eller Performance Cartersville . my 2 cents

I am not opposed to a Jasper engine.
I just realize it will cost double or triple a junkyard engine and I will be at the mercy of the warranty department since that would be the "top dollar" option.

You have owned something with a Jasper engine?

Back
Top Bottom