• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military type .22 LR: WHO has them and what are your reviews of them

jjmikolacjik

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I have been looking at purchasing a military type .22LR because they are modular and have a lot of options. I know a while back we had a sig 522 and S&W M&P 15-22. I was wondering if any one had shot the Mossberg version, the colt version m4, the ruger sr 22, Remington VTR. I think these are all I have been looking at currently. I plan on using the one I choose for small game season hog hunting. The modular look allows me to customize the build to better suit my trials and correct my errors while hunting.

PS. While on the topic does some one have a recommendation for a sub 150$ red dot sight?

We occasionally use S&W M&P 15-22's on the range in place of our M-4's.
The trigger & other weapon controls are the same as their big brothers and they are so reliable.
They are terrific training tools.
The charging handle is shorter & you can't accurately simulate malfunction drills but other than a few issues they work very well. Accurate too.
Plus they sure do save a lot of $.
We try to set them up identical to our bigger rifles to instill more muscle memory.
My friends have had good experiences w/ the Spikes & Tac. Sol. versions.

Thank you so much everyone for your answers. As for 22 on hogs. Season and public hunting area's limit the caliber of use, being not from the GA area it is hard to find places to hunt outside the WMA's that dont require me to give up my first born child.

Hog killing time with a .22 , shoot them between the eyes or in the ear, point blank, then slit their throat. Any other shot will just piss them off. Hog hunting, don't do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom