• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Militia

From what I've seen the embarrassing reputation is well earned. Not sure how that will play out. If the situation ever warrants, would probably be smaller groups acting independently without structure until structure became necessary. Structure would probably come from states that stand up against, military that chooses sides, etc. No real leadership standing up yet. Tells me it's not time if it ever does even happen. We are still in process of working within the system. If that is ever abandoned by leadership they would evolve into something else I suppose. Hopefully that can all be avoided by the 2/3's of this country that doesn't vote actually starting to give a crap. That would take something beyond the pale that would unite the people against something specific. Maybe something will come along that makes us put aside our inner squabbles and unites us. World War or just war with China which would evolve into world war imo. Especially if they win the naval battle enough to invade. World and our country are both in a very precarious spot at the moment. A lot of uncertainty on the horizon. Let's see how it all plays out and adjust as necessary.

That's a wise thought and I enjoyed the read. However, my take from what you said was that there is no one willing to be a leader. Instead waiting for "someone in the military to pick a side". Without argument, frankly that IS what Americans have been doing...is it not? Just waiting... And as they're waiting more and more uncertainty arises. More liberties are suspended... Am I wrong to address that? So the question becomes - when is it enough? And why does it seem as if the only answer is "I'm waiting for someone else to do something"? I hear a lot about folks incredibly upset with many upon many regulations... And though many of those same folks have in their mind and heart that there is something insanely wrong here... But yet... We're all still just "waiting".
The absolute LAST thing this country needs is reckless idiots doing something stupid and gets painted as such... But at the very same time how far are Americans willing to allow the very thing this country was fought and won for?

Just food for thought.

ChitownPolish:

dzien dobry!

What kind of "militia" would you like to find, ChiTownPolish?
What role would that militia play in helping you and your family and your household. What role would that militia play in serving the good of the greater community?
How would that militia interact with police, Sheriffs deputies, other Federal and state law enforcement and emergency management agencies, and the National Guard?

Dobrego dnia.

AAC6BB1B-F0CE-4412-B9FE-9FA33F3C9CB2.jpeg

Who else peaked that polymer lower AR15 on the shelf at 3:28? Complete with a UTG quad rail and a Simmons 8-point scope?

I sure am glad these guys are protecting me.
Dont judge. I got a cheap ass 40 dollar center point on my 30-06 for hunting and its held zero for yrs. Longer then i can say for my leupold optics. And i use that center point the most

That's a wise thought and I enjoyed the read. However, my take from what you said was that there is no one willing to be a leader. Instead waiting for "someone in the military to pick a side". Without argument, frankly that IS what Americans have been doing...is it not? Just waiting... And as they're waiting more and more uncertainty arises. More liberties are suspended... Am I wrong to address that? So the question becomes - when is it enough? And why does it seem as if the only answer is "I'm waiting for someone else to do something"? I hear a lot about folks incredibly upset with many upon many regulations... And though many of those same folks have in their mind and heart that there is something insanely wrong here... But yet... We're all still just "waiting".
The absolute LAST thing this country needs is reckless idiots doing something stupid and gets painted as such... But at the very same time how far are Americans willing to allow the very thing this country was fought and won for?

Just food for thought.

No argument from regarding the wait for a realignment of our to the Constitution being long and tedious. I also see every value and principle that makes America the country of people they are being squandered and discarded like useless trash. I'm pissed about it too.

Do I think dressing up in camo, buying a ham radio and running around the woods with a bunch of people that either couldn't hack it enough to actually serve and want to live a fantasy or did and are now old and reliving their glory years in the hopes of one day being relevant again? No. And by and large those 2 kind of folks are heavily represented (certainly not all) in today's militias from what I saw when I checked them out. Backed by a worthy cause and sound philosophy but a joke nonetheless.

Better off just finding a group of like minded friends and developing useful hobbies. Like being good at any activities you see being useful in your future. Requires a lot of time, effort and money to get good at fun hobbies like marksmanship, physical fitness, land navigation, general bushcraft, the study of history and philosophy, military history and tactics, communications, hunting, self sufficiency, logistics etc.

As much as I agree with the philosophies and historic precedent of being part of a militia, it's never going to be todays militias storming the gates and reconstituting constitutional government for the masses. Ever.

When you get all pissed off at government, grab your gun and run outside only to look around and see you're by yourself best to turn around and go back inside because it's not time yet. Until leadership in the form of state governments backed up by a supporting populace stand up and say no we are going a different way and will defend ourselves against attempts to thwart us then we aren't there yet.

And yeah, the wait sucks and I always wonder how far we citizens will allow our country to go before standing up and saying this is not acceptable. Ideally that would be through the voting booth. It's more important now than ever to take a heavy interest in who is elected to your local government. A new president wont change ****. Electing solid local government and effecting change from the political ground up is the way to go imo.

Just my 2 cents. Others may have a different opinion. I'm not always right.

Back
Top Bottom