• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Militia

Dear God please tell me that is you in the photo while asking others to not be an imbecile?????:lol::lol::lol:
F2077A79-4A8D-4709-98BA-D45C137D12C0.gif

I do not know if Georgia has such legislation but I would welcome it. Without people armed and ready in the unorganized militia how would you have people to call up?
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title44/chapter1/section44-1/

We have that.

O.C.G.A. section 38-2-3.

(d) The unorganized militia shall consist of all able-bodied male residents of the state between the ages of 17 and 45 who are not serving in any force of the organized militia or who are not on the state reserve list or the state retired list and who are, or who have declared their intention to become, citizens of the United States.

Not worth even looking into it unless you want red flagged by the all encompassing borg collective.

Well, the "modern" interpretation of a "militia" among gun lovers who chat online is a subversive / domestic terrorist organization that prepares to overthrow the government.

Historically, from the Middle Ages onward, and in all of western civilization including the American colonies & in the Early Republic ( post independence),
the militia was seen as an instrument of societal order which supported the duly elected government.

In all honesty as close as you can get besides the National Gaurd would be the Georgia State Defense Force. Lots of info on Google.

We have that.

O.C.G.A. section 38-2-3.

(d) The unorganized militia shall consist of all able-bodied male residents of the state between the ages of 17 and 45 who are not serving in any force of the organized militia or who are not on the state reserve list or the state retired list and who are, or who have declared their intention to become, citizens of the United States.
What about people over 45? Is there any provision that considers them?

I have found most men over 45 sure can shoot well,and those under 45(though not always the case),just like to make noise,and after emptying their magazine,hitting almost nothing at 10yards,look at their buddy with a big goofy smile,thinking they just did something spectacular.

I have found most men over 45 sure can shoot well,and those under 45(though not always the case),just like to make noise,and after emptying their magazine,hitting almost nothing at 10yards,look at their buddy with a big goofy smile,thinking they just did something spectacular.

My son is 24 and likes to hit what he aims at. He loves Garands and MILSURPs, go figure LOL

Sniper Mike.JPG

Back
Top Bottom