Millennial's Rant from an Alternate View

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejibbles

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I was born in the mid 90's. The world that the history books taught me, my parents reminisced about, and I briefly saw as a child is gone.
I can't buy a house because the Market is so inflated, my childhood home that was 90k in 1990 is now 220k.
I can't walk the streets at night because crime in my area has increased 10 fold in the last 5 years.
I can't believe in our Democratic-Republic because it seems as though we have abandoned true, honest, government some time ago.
I can't be open about my beliefs in fear of being outed from my social circle
I can't.... I can't..... I can't.....

I am so darn tired of hearing "I can't" come out of my peers' mouths. Wedged between the Disillusioned Millennial Generation and the Self Entitled Generation Z, that's all I seem to ever hear. Excuse after excuse of why people don't achieve. Always finding a scapegoat and managing to dodge any shred of personal responsibility. The battle cry of my youth: "It's the fault of the mean world and the "Boomers" who left us alone in it."

What happened to the rebel spirit of adolescence? The spirit that craved progress and advancement with a little chaos mixed in.
What happened to the belief in our selves, and the knowledge that perseverance will overcome any adversity
What happened to the faith in God and our neighbors? Better yet, what happened to our loyalty to God and our neighbors.

I am the direct descendent of many great men. Men who came to this Country as exiled Colonists either seeking Religious Freedom or Relief from their Creditors.
A debtor who fought against the Crown, A farmer who fought their own country men, A husband who shoveled coal on cruiser in the Great White Fleet, two fearless young men on D-day..... Countless stories of heroics, passed directly down my family line. Am I to turn my back on them? Am I supposed to say that I, living in the lap of luxury called the 21st century, have suffered more than my ancestors? Never.

The world is what you make it. All the things I said in the first paragraph are true. The world as I was taught it doesn't exist, the dollar value is tanking, crime is up, politics is corrupt, being a conservative Christian is a social death wish.... So what? That is no excuse to be an entitled, lazy, whining twit. It's a challenge: show what you are made of, double down on your beliefs, and rage against the dying of the light.

Greatness awaits all who seek it.

Gen X for the win. I have owned a business, fought a war, moved furniture for a living starting at 15 years old (I was a very strong man). I have lived, loved and lost but in the end I never bitched about the cards I was dealt.
Bypass: If you cant tell I was raised by an older Gen-X'er. The shut-up, take it on the chin, and give back twice as hard attitude is what I strive for! Thank you for your service sir.

Is this a copy/paste or did you actually author this?
JeffroJ: Penned it myself.

well unfortunately some of those I cants are 100% true and there has just been no way around it. Housing prices are insane, college tuition even crazier, the economy's been smashed like a 2 dollar hooker for the past 15 years and certain areas have just gone to ****.

Now none of this has stopped ME from achieving but i 100% know folks who by no fault of their own haven't been able to move on from livign paycheck to paycheck just to cover the rent.

I guess my only comment right now is with regard to this: I can't believe in our Democratic-Republic because it seems as though we have abandoned true, honest, government some time ago.....

This country was founded as a representative Republic..... the mention of Democratic or Democrat or anything other than small "d" democratic form of representation is a stretch on which the Democrat Party always misstates and abuses those not well versed. In fact, our only democratic form of election used to be with our 2 year House representatives; Senators were selected by states legislatures until the 17th Amendment, IIRC.

This country is fatally plagued by leftist social media constantly redefining the lexicon of our US Constitution and liberty. The sooner our younger generation realizes that, the sooner we get back to our origins - or we perish as a country, period.

waitaminute.jpg

Is this a copy/paste or did you actually author this?
Dude, you took the question right of my mind… hahahaha :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :pound: :pound:
If he really wrote this “Time Magazine“ kinda article, then I still can say that “we can see some hope for America”. Very nice post, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom