• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Millennial's Rant from an Alternate View

Status
Not open for further replies.
A member of the " Disillusioned Millennial Generation and the Self Entitled Generation Z " will be elected president one day.......if the Boomers have not finished completely destroying the country by then with partisan politics and the incivility that comes with it.
got it all figured out aint ya?

First, nice writing.
All the things I said in the first paragraph are true. The world as I was taught it doesn't exist, the dollar value is tanking, crime is up, politics is corrupt, being a conservative Christian is a social death wish.... So what? That is no excuse to be an entitled, lazy, whining twit. It's a challenge: show what you are made of, double down on your beliefs, and rage against the dying of the light.
Nothing new under the sun. Many writings from the late-1800s/early 1900s reflect all of this. See below for an example.

I was born in the mid 90's. The world that the history books taught me, my parents reminisced about, and I briefly saw as a child is gone.
I can't buy a house because the Market is so inflated, my childhood home that was 90k in 1990 is now 220k.
I can't walk the streets at night because crime in my area has increased 10 fold in the last 5 years.
I can't believe in our Democratic-Republic because it seems as though we have abandoned true, honest, government some time ago.
I can't be open about my beliefs in fear of being outed from my social circle
I can't.... I can't..... I can't.....

I am so darn tired of hearing "I can't" come out of my peers' mouths. Wedged between the Disillusioned Millennial Generation and the Self Entitled Generation Z, that's all I seem to ever hear. Excuse after excuse of why people don't achieve. Always finding a scapegoat and managing to dodge any shred of personal responsibility. The battle cry of my youth: "It's the fault of the mean world and the "Boomers" who left us alone in it."

What happened to the rebel spirit of adolescence? The spirit that craved progress and advancement with a little chaos mixed in.
What happened to the belief in our selves, and the knowledge that perseverance will overcome any adversity
What happened to the faith in God and our neighbors? Better yet, what happened to our loyalty to God and our neighbors.

I am the direct descendent of many great men. Men who came to this Country as exiled Colonists either seeking Religious Freedom or Relief from their Creditors.
A debtor who fought against the Crown, A farmer who fought their own country men, A husband who shoveled coal on cruiser in the Great White Fleet, two fearless young men on D-day..... Countless stories of heroics, passed directly down my family line. Am I to turn my back on them? Am I supposed to say that I, living in the lap of luxury called the 21st century, have suffered more than my ancestors? Never.

The world is what you make it. All the things I said in the first paragraph are true. The world as I was taught it doesn't exist, the dollar value is tanking, crime is up, politics is corrupt, being a conservative Christian is a social death wish.... So what? That is no excuse to be an entitled, lazy, whining twit. It's a challenge: show what you are made of, double down on your beliefs, and rage against the dying of the light.

Greatness awaits all who seek it.
Are you a conservative Christian ?

I’m in the same boat. Born in 97, I’m a driller/blaster and I work my ass off for what I have and provide for my family. The only reason people fail is because they want the end result but not the road to get there. I’ve seen that a lot with people I went to school with. I’m a conservative Christian (southern baptist) and will tell absolutely anybody that. **** being afraid of your beliefs and what somebody will think, that’s part of the problem. Lots of people I went to school with had it all handed to them and they’re bums now still living at home or crashing with a friend.

Social media is also a big problem. I have no social media other than this site. Everybody compares and tries to make their lives seem perfect when in all reality it’s in shambles and they don’t have their crap together.

I’ve also had a full time job since I was 15 and graduated high school in 2015. If people around our age would put their heads down, work and do their best it would make a difference but nope... it’s “too hard”. Blue collar young workers are also getting scarce. Nobody wants that manual labor regardless of how rewarding it can be.

I’m extremely disappointed in people my age though no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom