• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

milsurp Daewoo K2

You would think they would be worth a lot since they are becoming scarce but I'm not really seeing people jumping through hoops for them? There have been several thumb hole stocked DR's on here lately that were listed for months and months at the $1K mark and didn't really move.
Gun market is a funny place. Right now no one is really that interested in them but who knows in 5 years? Could go either way.

I’m one of those guys that bought a DR200 with the thumb hole stock back in the dark ages. I converted it to a folder as soon as it was legal (and there were US parts available to do so). It still hangs out in my safe. I think of it as an AK47 with a AR15 lower in 5.56X45. Its a very nice, well made rifle

Anyhow, I don’t think any milsurp were imported. All were built for the US market.
They made a DR300 in 7.62x39.
The “military type rifles” they imported were the K2 with the folding stock mentioned in this thread and the AR100 which had a collapsible wire stock. The AR100 also had an integrated flash hider that made the barrel, including the flashhider, just over 16”.

The DRs, unconverted are worth about $800 or so. The converted ones just under a grand. The D2s and AR15s are between $1,200 to $1,500. But asking prices are all over since there are so few. Prices have been stagnant for years.

The AR100 is the one I still want.

RM308

They are neat rifles. There was a guy in AZ who carried parts and did custom work. His son died and he broke up and sold off his inventory. There are some parts out there. Cncwarrior makes firing pins. Stormwerks makes optics mounts, conversion parts, and I think rails. A guy on falfn forum makes grips. I tried to sell mine a while back but no takers so back into the safe it went.

20160917_132421.jpg

Like what most people are saying, they are like the spawn of a ak-ar-galil. I would buy one but for the price tag you could get a quality ar, ak, or galil.

Back
Top Bottom