• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Milsurp Guys, I need your help! Remington 11 w/WWII markings

Cat Herder

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
It’s important to know when to throw out the plan
217   0
Reaction score
Hi All,

My uncle passed away at Thanksgiving and my aunt asked me to help her with liquidating the guns he had. In the pics below I have tried to get the marks on the receiver and barrel of this shotgun. I know enough to know the marks on a gun like this greatly affect value. I know enough to take the pictures and ask the questions. I am turning to you as the assembled knowledge here (Oh Lordy!) to help me zero in on a value for this shotgun. Proceeds whatever they may be, go to a scholarship fund for Jim's grandkids. I have no idea how she'll want to sell it, she lives out of state. I may get her to drive over to the closest GA FFL, transfer it to me in GA, then I'll post it here.

Condition is excellent. I think you can see that even in my iPhone pics. Marks are strong with one exception on the barrel. Serial number starts with 701XXX. That fits the late war period from what I've learned via google. I did not remove the forearm to see underneath. May be a while before I can get back over to her to do that. It is the shotgun on the right below. The one on the left is a Stevens/Savage 520...

Let me know what you think about condition, value, additional marks to find...and thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions you wish to share.

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0488_LI.jpg

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

As noted, its a Remington Model 11(Browning patent)with military markings. Remington sold a pile of these guns to the government during WWII and there were a couple of different models. The one you have was used for skeet shooting as part of aerial gunnery practice for sailors and soldiers. The Lyman Cutts compensator was added after the gun left the service. Although the military did buy some Model 11s with a Cutts on them, those would not have a choke marking on the barrel. Collectors aren't thrilled at the addition of the compensator on the barrel, but the gun should bring between $600-800.

I believe that is a Poly Choke vs. Lyman Cutts. It was after market as well. Those guns were used for guard duty and were imp cyl for use with slug/buck. It is in very good condition as well. Shoot that thing! The Model 11/A5 is a great gun.

Back
Top Bottom