• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Milsurp Parts Kits

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
After seeing another thread on an AK build, it's really got me thinking of funding a rebuild of something you just don't see everyday. I've never done this before so it's breaking into new territory for me, but my must haves are:
1. Must be WW2
2. Must be obtainable even if I have to search for the parts I don't want something unobtainium
3. Can't be crazy expensive, if i'm going to drop 5 digits on anything then i'd be looking for FA otherwise 'why'.
4. Must be something I can actually find a top notch experienced builder to put together for me.

Some possible ideas (No particular order, but the below have my most interest at the moment)
1. MP40
2. MG42
3. Bren MK 1
4. Sten
5. DP-28

Any others? I do love the 8mm, x54r and .303 rounds so anything in those areas are likely to lean favorable to me. And something belt fed even peaks more interest.

If you've built one, share pics and your experience with us! Or if you have other candidates post em!

After seeing another thread on an AK build, it's really got me thinking of funding a rebuild of something you just don't see everyday. I've never done this before so it's breaking into new territory for me, but my must haves are:
1. Must be WW2
2. Must be obtainable even if I have to search for the parts I don't want something unobtainium
3. Can't be crazy expensive, if i'm going to drop 5 digits on anything then i'd be looking for FA otherwise 'why'.
4. Must be something I can actually find a top notch experienced builder to put together for me.

Some possible ideas (No particular order, but the below have my most interest at the moment)
1. MP40
2. MG42
3. Bren MK 1
4. Sten
5. DP-28

Any others? I do love the 8mm, x54r and .303 rounds so anything in those areas are likely to lean favorable to me. And something belt fed even peaks more interest.

If you've built one, share pics and your experience with us! Or if you have other candidates post em!

M76 in 8mm

It takes skill to turn open bolts to closed bolts . That being said I’ve pretty much put hands on every semi auto belt fed there is . They are not cheap but you do get something nobody else has and is a blast . The DP28 is next on my list but it’s way down the list ...

Starting with WWII I’d skip all on the list and go with a SG-43 . It’s the poor mans PKM as it’s the closest most will get . It’s reliable , easy to find parts and the fun factor is just out there .

C2CBC3A6-490C-4A8A-97CB-A4F10F7A5570.jpeg

After that I’d get a mg42 or mg3 . I chose the mg3 with the mg3 Hk Tripod .
5DF15503-9B68-43F5-B4BA-BE11DD79895F.jpeg

DBD4DBF4-7BFF-43E9-A1F9-A56924D52236.jpeg

If you are going to spend money on a sten then buy the full auto version. It was my first machine gun and worth every penny

31A0541E-0063-4396-BFE6-4666BA2F6596.jpeg

It takes skill to turn open bolts to closed bolts . That being said I’ve pretty much put hands on every semi auto belt fed there is . They are not cheap but you do get something nobody else has and is a blast . The DP28 is next on my list but it’s way down the list ...

Starting with WWII I’d skip all on the list and go with a SG-43 . It’s the poor mans PKM as it’s the closest most will get . It’s reliable , easy to find parts and the fun factor is just out there .

View attachment 1465238

After that I’d get a mg42 or mg3 . I chose the mg3 with the mg3 Hk Tripod .
View attachment 1465239
View attachment 1465240

If you are going to spend money on a sten then buy the full auto version. It was my first machine gun and worth every penny

View attachment 1465241

You sir, are still the man!

how about a mosin parts kit? spare parts have to be lying around somewhere
if an American company could make new receivers we could make obrez legally without the atf stamp

Back
Top Bottom