• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini Excavator work

BattleSausage

Default rank <1250 posts
Fun Loving Guy
28   0
Reaction score
Gents,

I've got quite a few bushes that need to be pulled at a house we are renovating and would like to throw it out there if anyone has a free weekend day and the equipment to help me do the work. The property is located in Hiram, and ideally I'll need a mini with a thumb. These are well established (22 years) and close to the house which is the reason for the thumb. If anyone has one and would like a bit of weekend work, or if you know of someone honest who does please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Battle

Long cable and a 4x4 pick up....2wd if you got enough cable to get on concrete. A pulley helps too !
I have pulled a bunch like this, it works! Lol.
Good luck!

Long cable and a 4x4 pick up....2wd if you got enough cable to get on concrete. A pulley helps too !
I have pulled a bunch like this, it works! Lol.
Good luck!

That's what I did at our last home but unfortunately it won't be that easy this time. I really need to dig these out. If I can't find someone, I'll rent one I reckon and get it done.

I’ve pulled a bunch of bushes and trees, using both methods. I have a mini ex, but no time at the moment to assist.

I would suggest, if they’re established, try to prune the crap out of them, leaving a stalk about 4 feet tall.

A good rope, chain, or cable, hooked up top near the 4 feet. The leverage will easily pull the bush over and mostly out of the ground. Another tug and it will come right out. Pulling with a vehicle of course.

Definitely need a good rope, like a climbing rope, tree rope or chain. Leave a little slack and snap it a little if you need to.

Some of them were video worthy.

Possibly Mark Utilities if they are all the way around the house. Just wanna make sure the roots aren’t wrapped around a gas line or something.

I’ve pulled a bunch of bushes and trees, using both methods. I have a mini ex, but no time at the moment to assist.

I would suggest, if they’re established, try to prune the crap out of them, leaving a stalk about 4 feet tall.

A good rope, chain, or cable, hooked up top near the 4 feet. The leverage will easily pull the bush over and mostly out of the ground. Another tug and it will come right out. Pulling with a vehicle of course.

Definitely need a good rope, like a climbing rope, tree rope or chain. Leave a little slack and snap it a little if you need to.

Possibly Mark Utilities if they are all the way around the house. Just wanna make sure the roots aren’t wrapped around a gas line or something.
In for pic's,what could go wrong,beer,rope pick up truck.@Letitbeme

Wish I could, but unfortunately septic and water are close by and I'm afraid the I might destroy things and cause more issues. They are pretty dang thick at the ground and I have a bad feeling the root ball and surrounding roots will cause more damage pulling them than digging. I had a horticulturist take a look this morning and he advised going the mini route. The walkway and driveway are in close proximity to the majority of the bushes also...figures!

It's a cluster, my poor mother thought she had a rental management company she could trust and between them and the renters they let the house go to ****. I've already redone the entire inside in the last 8 months by myself, from gutting to sheetrock, tile, cabinets, carpet, plumbing and correcting electrical. It's about to wear my ass slap out.

Why do you have to pull them? saw them off at ground level, and use a stump grinder to cut them a few inches below the ground.

Why do you have to pull them? saw them off at ground level, and use a stump grinder to cut them a few inches below the ground.

New shrubs will be taking their place and the old growth will severely limit them, especially the tree that is to be planted. Honestly, I’m just going by what I was told...he’s got the college degree and years of experience.

Back
Top Bottom