Mini Mag fail...

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Big on the Mini... little on the Mag. OK really a fail on me for never paying attention. Tagged a coyote yesterday, 65 is yards He took off. Now I was expecting a bang flop necessarily but he left with a lot more mustard than I was expecting. When I looked at the empty, I thought "Well dang, that case looks short." I compared it to some Stingers I have and just did this... :doh:
Looked them up again and I never even realized how slow Mini Mags were. I get they are renowned for accuracy (no complaints from me on that front) and I guess that name has been around forever but it's far from a "mag" load. Don't have any Velocitors, but I guess time to get some.

Blasted yotes....:mad:

Same exact specs as the Velocitors. Guess I'll get whichever I stumble upon first.
Had an old box of Rem Vipers (1410fps 36g solid). Will have to do until then.

The energy difference at 50 yards from the Mini Mags vs the Velocitors is 134 vs 97. We are obviously talking .22lr here but still, that's a huge difference. Mini Mags don't even have that at the muzzle. I now hate CCI's Marketing Department (instead of my own lack of due diligence). :becky:

Back
Top Bottom