Mini mill

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
Does anybody on here have one?

If so what brand? Pros and cons etc.

Wondering how a small one would do for minor wood work etc with the moving table.

I have a mini mill and mini lathe. Can't remember the brands, but most are made by the same manufacturer and branded for sale.

I use them for metal, so can't comment on wood. I enjoy using them to make small parts, not ultra precise, I have to work very hard to get accurate to a thousandth, but good enough for 98% of what I try to do.

Give Precision Mathews a look. They have a great reputation for taking these Chinese made mills and giving them a next level fit and finish. That’s the way I’m going as soon as I clear out enough space in the new garage / workshop to put one.

I have both a mini mill and lathe
They work fine for small parts but does require.some additions to be a decent piece.

I added the belt conversion to my HF mill and the TouchDro to both machines because both have very sloppy screw takeups. IMHO the mill is a better piece. I can do pretty much anything on it needed for a 1911 but have to go slow and take small cuts due to the lack of torque.

I'd buy both again but also have access to a large lathe and mill.

The HF unit can be had for 30% with a coupon if you are patient. Their shipping is dirt cheap

I have a small one that I got from lowes, under 450, I think, does ok on aluminum just have to go slow and take small cuts. I've never tried wood but assume that some of the harder varieties would be similar to get a clean cut.

Back
Top Bottom