• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Minn police officer cleared of murder. Stoned ccw holder drew weapon after being ordered not too

During a police road stop, telling the officer you have a gun then making a "furtive movement" can be deadly no matter what color of your skin or the officers for that matter.

It appears to be stupidity with possibly being high on weed to factor in.

When my son obtained his carry permit, we discussed police road stops, how to react to a questioning officer, the fact that most officers killed are killed during road stops, factoring in they know this, he has been trained to: low light, turn the interior lights on, keep his hands on the wheel, roll his window down and ask "how may I help you sir, I have a weapons carry permit .and I have my firearm (in the dash, on my person), how would you like me to proceed.

This isn't the first time this type of shooting occurred and won't be the last.

I'm not sure if the deceased was definitively proved to be 'high' ? Drugs / alcohol & gun don't mix. Certainly a tragedy for everyone involved.

Yeah, without dashcam footage we'll never know exactly what happened on this one. But like RamRoddoc RamRoddoc said when my sons started driving I gave them the 'talk' about how to interact with LEO during a stop.

I'm not sure if the deceased was definitively proved to be 'high' ? Drugs / alcohol & gun don't mix. Certainly a tragedy for everyone involved.

Never proven he was at the time as the testable residue stays in the body weeks to months for heavy users...

upload_2017-6-18_8-20-43.jpeg

This one is too bad, since the kid actually didn't seem to be some kind of thug this time like the rest of the cases have been.

This whole thing sounds like a case of an executable rookie cop and a person who just wasn't thinking straight. Tragic but no one should be going to jail.

This one is too bad, since the kid actually didn't seem to be some kind of thug this time like the rest of the cases have been.

This whole thing sounds like a case of an executable rookie cop and a person who just wasn't thinking straight. Tragic but no one should be going to jail.

He was no kid.

Back
Top Bottom