• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Misidentification of the threat

I understand what you are saying. I just don’t think that is good for all people.

I agree that no plan works for everyone.......buuuuuuut folks need to give more thought to whether or not they want/need to able to snatch up a loaded forearm before they’re fully awake. I regularly read of folks shooting a family member or loved one due to mistaken identity while scared and partially asleep.

Ok....I need to toss my “heart stopping” moment in.

One night, my wife and I had went to a buffet style restaurant with our then 2-3 yo daughter. Got home, all is well. Eve went good, baths and in bed.
About 2am i was jolted awake to a very deep and hard pounding BAM BAM BAM !! My wife and I bothe sit straight up in bed....shaking the sleep away and sorta puzzled we hear it again BAM BAM BAM !!
Ok...time to get up ! Get the gun, wife gets hers....immediately we go to do our thing.
Daughter sleeps across the hall from us so we go out the bedroom door, i poke my head out first, see nothing, wife slips behind me to daughters room, i stand with gun trained down hallway.
She steps back out and puts hand on my back as i am looking over my shoulder she whispers “she is ok.” Again - BAMBAMBAM !! Loud as hell!!
I am freaked !! Someone has gotta be in the house !! We both sorta duck and jump at the same time as i step forward - not wanting to at all !
By this time....I would rather be sandpapering a bobcat’s ass than be there !! 2 more slow steps to living room - BAMBAM !! Bam!
It is all or nothing....i step in - real low - my wife almost between my ankles lower to the ground...flip on light to living room .......
One of the damn balloons they give kids at restaurants with helium in it has floated out of her room and made its way to living room and is hitting ceiling fan - BAMBAMBAM !! Balloon floats down a foot or two , hits the ceiling and slowly walks to fan - bam bam bam.... me or her could not get back to sleep that night!!

Ok....I need to toss my “heart stopping” moment in.

One night, my wife and I had went to a buffet style restaurant with our then 2-3 yo daughter. Got home, all is well. Eve went good, baths and in bed.
About 2am i was jolted awake to a very deep and hard pounding BAM BAM BAM !! My wife and I bothe sit straight up in bed....shaking the sleep away and sorta puzzled we hear it again BAM BAM BAM !!
Ok...time to get up ! Get the gun, wife gets hers....immediately we go to do our thing.
Daughter sleeps across the hall from us so we go out the bedroom door, i poke my head out first, see nothing, wife slips behind me to daughters room, i stand with gun trained down hallway.
She steps back out and puts hand on my back as i am looking over my shoulder she whispers “she is ok.” Again - BAMBAMBAM !! Loud as hell!!
I am freaked !! Someone has gotta be in the house !! We both sorta duck and jump at the same time as i step forward - not wanting to at all !
By this time....I would rather be sandpapering a bobcat’s ass than be there !! 2 more slow steps to living room - BAMBAM !! Bam!
It is all or nothing....i step in - real low - my wife almost between my ankles lower to the ground...flip on light to living room .......
One of the damn balloons they give kids at restaurants with helium in it has floated out of her room and made its way to living room and is hitting ceiling fan - BAMBAMBAM !! Balloon floats down a foot or two , hits the ceiling and slowly walks to fan - bam bam bam.... me or her could not get back to sleep that night!!
I almost busted a gut laughing at this, although it probably wasn’t funny at that time.
Then I thought of my peccadillo of clowns and the thought of the ballon floating through the house set me off again.
I know, I know....

I almost busted a gut laughing at this, although it probably wasn’t funny at that time.
Then I thought of my peccadillo of clowns and the thought of the ballon floating through the house set me off again.
I know, I know....
25+ yrs later....we laugh at it. Also taught us that it really isn't that bad to holler two words - WHO’S THERE ?

Lol

I almost shot the bathroom up the other day. Nobody was supposed to be home but me . The hall bathroom door was locked and the light on. Guess my Daughter locked the door by accident before she went to work. I laughed my butt off... "Hey... come on out now and I won't shoot thru the door" BAHAHAHA

About 25 years ago I had a Mylar birthday balloon get stuck between the ceiling fan and the ceiling. Sounded like the rotor on a helo. Shot me out of bed; half my brain knew I was in my bedroom and the other half thought I was getting extracted. My wife was curled up in the corner and shouting at me to wake up.

About 25 years ago I had a Mylar birthday balloon get stuck between the ceiling fan and the ceiling. Sounded like the rotor on a helo. Shot me out of bed; half my brain knew I was in my bedroom and the other half thought I was getting extracted. My wife was curled up in the corner and shouting at me to wake up.
It's a hot extract at LZ1! I'm sure she can LOL about it now.

Back
Top Bottom