• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Misinformed LEO?!?!?

I like cops. Anyone that has read my posts knows that. But I am constantly disappointed with their knowledge of and skill with their weapons. Same thing applies to many military personnel I know.

Well I told him that a g17 was 9mm then he said if mite be a 19 I said that was also a 9mm. Then he said he didnt know what it was then. And honestly thelook on his face said it all, he didnt really care as long as it had bullets in it. I ordered my food an left I didnt want to get deeper in the conversation.

LOL - this is a good story for sure.

I have actually noticed a ton of military that don't know jack about weapons. Most of the LEO's who don't know crap about it are rookie Leo and scare the hell out of me on the range. Perks of being an instructor is sitting down one on one speaking with newbs helping them out. The older vets on Leo force never want to take the time to learn new things

I have actually noticed a ton of military that don't know jack about weapons. Most of the LEO's who don't know crap about it are rookie Leo and scare the hell out of me on the range. Perks of being an instructor is sitting down one on one speaking with newbs helping them out. The older vets on Leo force never want to take the time to learn new things

Qualification before deployment was ****ing scary. The pogue unit I'm in now doesn't even have weapons...the only way to qualify is if I pull range medic duty with another unit going to the range. Even the fricking BAND has their own weapons, but we do not.

So that's the end of the story??? I'm curious how you side-stepped that one without making him feel like an ass.

He should have arrested you for interfering in police business. It's a good thing he didn't give you a lawful order (to order a chicken sandwich instead of a burger or something). You are also lucky you weren't videoing the encounter or he would have aimed it at you.

Qualification before deployment was ****ing scary. The pogue unit I'm in now doesn't even have weapons...the only way to qualify is if I pull range medic duty with another unit going to the range. Even the fricking BAND has their own weapons, but we do not.

Damn...i think medics should be trained extensively. I know the swat medics up here. Paramedics who put themselves through mandate then swat. They study ballistics and anatomy at the same time. They are bad a$$es. Good luck dunk

Back
Top Bottom