• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Misinformed LEO?!?!?

I have been at the range when many LE were qualifying, both here and in MS. Young and old, I have seen poor knowledge and handling skills of firearms all across the board. The target will tell the tale as well. I was actually embarassed for a good bit of them. A lot of them know nothing more about firearms other than what they see in magazines on the magazine rack at the local Kroger.....

Buddy asked a popo if that was a g22 he was carrying. Popo responded, "Naw it's a fourty". Buddy says no I mean is it a model 22. Popo says "naw man, it shoot fourties".

On a side note. My brother in law bought one of those super ugly highpoint .40s in camo the other day. He showed it to me and says "you know these things are really made by S&W". I asked how he figured that? Replies, "It's stamped S&W right after .40".
I said cool, nice gun.

LEOs have a tough tough job ...no doubt.

many very good people in the ranks.

many excellent shots too, as I have competed aginst many LEOs in competition(one many time national champion) but...sadly as noted that is not the majority.

my worst range experience was due to some off duty LEOs showing their girl friends how to shoot....won't go into it but I was so mad my wife had to stop me...literally.

frankly their day to day job doesn't involve their firearms...many go through their whole career and never draw it other than to qualify or train....

tough job..guys

I have a very good friend who is a GBI agent and they have no clue about guns. Now when it comes to shooting the 23 and 27 glocks it is a different story. Stacks them in there.

I have a very good friend who is a GBI agent and they have no clue about guns. Now when it comes to shooting the 23 and 27 glocks it is a different story. Stacks them in there.

The State pounds firearms training in us...a lot more than local...firearms simulator, simmunition, air soft, scenarios, and lots of range time....

On a side note. My brother in law bought one of those super ugly highpoint .40s in camo the other day. He showed it to me and says "you know these things are really made by S&W". I asked how he figured that? Replies, "It's stamped S&W right after .40".
I said cool, nice gun.

Dude that made my day.. Hahaha.. Hilarious!

As an L.E.O. what has been said about alot of officers not being knowledgable about their firearm is true. Some of us LOVE guns more than our spouses. Some shoot only when it is time to qualify. If your life depends on your gunfighting skills you can never have enough training or practice.

Back
Top Bottom