Misrepresented Item and the true story behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydale slim

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
74   0
Reaction score
I acquired a Springfield 1911 that had been customized a few months ago from a fellow ODT member. I was told the custom work was done by Pedro Ortiz. I have a print out from an e-mail describing what Pedro did to the pistol. I shot the pistol and liked it well enough but got the trade bug and listed it on here in the last few days. I described the pistol as it was described to me and struck up a deal with a brand new member of our community, we set up a meeting for Friday evening and everyone goes to bed happy. This morning I have a PM from the original owner of the pistol telling me the pistol was not worked on by Pedro Ortiz. It was customized pretty much as described but by the original owner and not Pedro. I know at least 2 people owned the pistol between the original owner and myself, what I don't know is where the false description originated. Now for the rest of the story......

I passed this new information along to the member I had traded the 1911 to. We are still going to trade but I am not getting what we originally agreed to and I shouldn't. I hope to some day know the entire truth of the matter but in the mean time I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't intentionally lie about this pistol. That is not something I would ever do. I do think there were at least a few members on here who knew the story behind this pistol and mainly hope they read this and realize I am not the one who lied about it.

I still love this place and will continue to use it and if I find out 100% sure who made up the story I will attempt to change the positive feedback I gave for the transaction if it turns out to be the person I dealt with. I certainly hope it isn't and make no accusations. If you have any information you would like to share via PM please do so. Everyone have a great evening............Jeff

Hey Jeff...ithis new site won't let me send PM's...

I am shocked to read this post! Any info I gave you about the pistol is exactly the info I got on it...hence the printout you have. That is the emailed info I got on it from the previous owner.

What happened that made this info get changed? I assure you, any false info did not stem from me.

You relied on information that you believed to be true. When you found out it was not true you informed the person that you were trading with that the info you initially provided was incorrect. You did the right thing. I would deal with you!

If the work was done right I would feel guilty about perpetuating a false stament but I could not back off the value too many people will try to take advantage of your good nature for a better price and they will not even care about the work. My opinion if a mechanic changes my oil in my car I don't really care if he is an engineer at ferrari or A nobody at your local shop. The main concern is the job done right.

Jeff, I still can't PM, but I got your pm's...

I know the 2 members you mentioned in the pm's have had a HUGE falling out recently, and I'm not sure what to believe at this point...the info you got could be true, or just a way to make the other member look like a liar...

At any rate, I hate that this is happening, and I hate that WE were mislead about it.

If the work was done right I would feel guilty about perpetuating a false stament but I could not back off the value too many people will try to take advantage of your good nature for a better price and they will not even care about the work. My opinion if a mechanic changes my oil in my car I don't really care if he is an engineer at ferrari or A nobody at your local shop. The main concern is the job done right.
QFT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom