• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Miss the 70s road sofas ?

Got my first in the back of one of these

2638_1062084_19399302_4492913492017_90.jpg
nice...67???

I had a brand new 1974 Chevy Monte Carlo 350 but with a 2bbl. That was a sweet ride. My wife, girlfriend at the time, broke a couple of pairs of my sunglasses by sitting down on the bench seat and then sliding up next to me. lol Mine was cream color with a cream 1/4 landau roof.

1974 Chevrolet Monte Carlo-04-05.jpg

67 Caddy coupe- fogged the windows at the drive-in movies many a night

My first car was a 66 thunderbird

Drove it a couple of years
For the drive in , seems like I remember there was one in Hayesville NC ?
And the Swan drive in near Blue Ridge and of course the Henn theatre in Murphy , sticking with the poultry theme seems like the one in hayesville was also a duck or chicken name ?

Anyhoo for the drive in I would take my dads 69 four door thunderbird
It had bench seats in the front and back and a 429 cobrajet engine

One night my girl and I went on a double date at the Swan with my best friend and his girl
And at intermission he and I went to get snacks
We come back and slide back in the car and start making out
After a few Minutes I realized that while we were gone the girls had swapped seats , and no one ever said a word , for the rest of the night I made out with his girlfriend , and he with mine

Some times we would prank the girls we dated
It was a small town so sooner or later you dated he same girl that your friends did
One time my friend and I discovered we were dating the same girl
And the girl didn’t realize we were best friends
So on Friday night he would take her to pizza and a movie and on Saturday night I’d take her to the exact same Restaraunt and movie and he would tell me where they had parked to make out , what they did etc , and I’d do the exact same thing , duplicating her date the night before, just for fun.

Just like my first car. Mine was a 1979 ford T-Bird, 12 foot hood pimp car. Bought it with money I earned from my first job. A lot of great times in it from Atlanta to Panama City beach to the meadowlands in New Jersey. I could pile lots of friends in that thing.

Back
Top Bottom