• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missing Firearm? How to report it!

The details, well two Hispanic males delivering a bedroom set from NE Atlanta of I-85 entered my home.

While there, the young guy did the work in the kid's room and the elder fellow connected a dresser/mirror piece in the master bedroom. I stayed there and my wife watched the other guy.

He commented on what a nice $49 POS particle board imitation wood grain bookshelf I had, taking time to touch the shelving and blab how nice it was. I told him it was garbage particle board.

He went to the kid's room, I stood by the bedroom watching him enter the room. He came out and said I needed to make sure it was in place correctly. As I walked near the room he turned and went into the master, I turned around and he was attempting to move the mirror attached to the dresser-in that fraction of a moment he reached on the top shelf, unzipped the pistol soft case and stuffed a Glock 17 in his pants and zipped the case nearly shut.

He left almost immediately afterwards, chirping the tires out of my driveway... He was good and honed his skill set well and I'm wiser now.
That's sad. And it's even sadder than I am so naive that it is hard for me to think that there are people out there who will do something like that to good people like yourself.

Very sad.

As a criminal defense attorney let me tell you that one of the few jobs that are easily available for convicted felons --even people that've done hard prison time --are household goods movers. Anybody who can lift a box can be a mover.
Aside from the illegal aliens, plenty of them are on parole or probation.
Many more are recovering addicts--- or recreational substance abuse who regularly het high when they have a few extra bucks in their pockets.

Back
Top Bottom