Mission trip to Jamaica help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlton wright

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
333   0
Reaction score
My mother in law is trying to raise the money for a mission trip to Jamaica her dad is a pastor. I started a go fund me anything helps.this is my first WhIle I bleave in God I'm no missionary Jamaica is crazy people sacrfice people to the devil . This is no joke if you would like to help here is the link . Honestly this money is going for her plan ticket and money to live on while she is there we are also having a fall festival with crafts and sweets for sale to help if you have interest in that pm me it's in calhoun thanks http://gofund.me/oz83o4

I prefer to donate my money for programs in my own back yard on in some other country
I understand your statement but I don't think it was necessary. Most Christian organizations concentrate their efforts in the poorest parts of the world where the people can't do much for themselves. Nothing wrong with that. And I don't see it taking away from any efforts here at home.

I've been to Jamaica several times. Found it be a wonderful country. The people were friendly and the water was beutiful. Of course with all places I'm certain there are some rough areas. Just like we have Detroit or Chicago, they have poor criminal infested areas also.

I hope your mother in law enjoys her trip. And helps people while there.

Some folks feel led to serve locally while others are drawn to serve in far away places. Both are wonderful things and sorely needed. We should strive to encourage and lift each other up even when we serve in different ways.

I was once on a missions trip in Switzerland and ran into some missionaries that were on their way to help start a new church.....in the southwest US.

(Donation sent)

Yup, I always bring back about 10 packs for friends when I've gone. And I don't even drink coffee....
It's some of the best around. My friend in Perry let his daughter go on a mission trip to Costa Rica last year. He got her a cheap gym bag from Dollar General and handed it to her with a hundred dollar bill. Then he told to bring that bag home full of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom